oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

6 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I honestly dont think he is here to make up the numbers. How can he be? Our squad is that thin that no one is here to make up the numbers

Our squad is unquestionably thin, I raised just how thin in the Birmingham match day thread. But what I don't understand about all this is why we haven't actively been looking for other players who can play in Ravel's/Robert's position? 

We've been linked to Jones, who outside of football has his own demons, but in a footballing sense I'd argue he has done more to warrant our interest in him.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

I'm not going to defend physical violence, but I can't believe people are using an 18 year old Ravel Morrison calling someone a "faggot" as a reason not to to sign him.

It used to be a very common insult when I was younger and I'm only a few months older than Morrison.

Not saying it's on, but it was 8 years ago and attitudes have rapidly shifted and improved since then.

I'm bothered about the 8 different clubs in that 8 years, and the fact that a quality manager like Chris Wilder has written him off.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm bothered about the 8 different clubs in that 8 years, and the fact that a quality manager like Chris Wilder has written him off.

That's the exact reason I'm looking at. It's understandable that people will look at the stuff off the pitch too however.

lets ban fans from the ground who swear to, if we are going to raise our standards that high and refuse to accept ravel for name calling. bruce was right all those years ago shouldnt be any swearing in the ground. 

Just to pose the question if you look at the severity of crime Ravel has been convicted with compared to, say, Jordan Jones who was convicted for his part in a brutal nightclub assault at 19 where does the line get drawn on who has a right to move on from indiscretions?

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/boro-footballer-admits-part-part-6326004

Really strange to see Jordan Jones pop back up tonight even stranger that the 'set to sign' original story looks to have been updated to say we're among frontrunners. Woodgate didn't say publicly that Jones wasn't a target but him or someone at the club were clearly briefing he wasn't yesterday both the Echo and Gazette had the same line that no approach or move will be made for Jordan Jones even as Bailey was hyping up our interest in him.

If he ends up through the door tomorrow with Morrison tomorrow I'll be happy they'll add threat to our team that has struggled scoring goals this season whether Britt was in the team or not does seem strange to rule him out off the record yesterday and then push on for a deal anyway the Daily Record scoop could be BS.

I think Woody is just building a team with issues who might unite....he's got Escape to Victory in mind. Get a crew of players with varying degrees of lawlessness etc and they'll unite and conquer. Or that could just be complete ***

• Like 3

The more pertinent point with Morrison is that apart from the odd game here and there he's done nothing in his career. 

He's been shipped from one club to another and hasn't settled anywhere. He could be the nicest guy in the world but he's clearly not doing something right at every club he's been at. 

His reputation of having a bad attitude has followed him round since his days at Man United and theres always a risk with players like that if they are not managed properly. 

9 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

lets ban fans from the ground who swear to, if we are going to raise our standards that high and refuse to accept ravel for name calling. bruce was right all those years ago shouldnt be any swearing in the ground. 

FWIW I do think using the fact Morrison called someone a faggot when he was 18 as a stick to beat him with is misguided. 

But

Homophobic slur =/= swearing 

39 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

If you read my first paragraph then tje above comment was not worth making really. I was talking about the footballer whilst fully accepting peoples reservations about the person.

Then let's look at the footballer he is rather than the one who played well in a game against Spurs six years ago.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I reckon given that Morrison is only on a 1-year deal at Sheff Utd anyway, there's a fair chance they'd mutually end his contract and we'd be signing him on a free, which would give us a way around the old 5 loan players rule.

He's on a years contract with the option of an extra year.  They are trying to get rid of him now.  That's how much he's impressed them.

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

The more pertinent point with Morrison is that apart from the odd game here and there he's done nothing in his career. 

He's been shipped from one club to another and hasn't settled anywhere. He could be the nicest guy in the world but he's clearly not doing something right at every club he's been at. 

His reputation of having a bad attitude has followed him round since his days at Man United and theres always a risk with players like that if they are not managed properly. 

And if you mollycoddle him, you're not really managing a team. Just think the potential gains don't outweigh what you'd need to put in to get anything out of him. Just listen to what Kevin Nolan said about him and Mark Noble trying to work with him at West Ham, they said he was a nice lad and quality with a football but you know, he'd sometimes just go a week without turning up to training then turn up like nothing's happened.

4 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Yep, although people have a habit of ignoring all kinds of things.  In this case they are ignoring most of the games he's played in his career because well, why not?

21 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm not going to defend physical violence, but I can't believe people are using an 18 year old Ravel Morrison calling someone a "faggot" as a reason not to to sign him.

It used to be a very common insult when I was younger and I'm only a few months older than Morrison.

Not saying it's on, but it was 8 years ago and attitudes have rapidly shifted and improved since then.

Can I call people a faggot on here, just out of interest?

• Haha 1