Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Well who thinks Woodgate and Co are sat in the bar knowing that’s it for deadline day.......😂

 

Or as it is affectionately known, "doing a Pulis"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Apologies I was completely ignoring the fact that Gibson's sale would be treated as a disposal in effect and effectively would be total profit, due to coming through the academy (even though I mentioned in my previous post he would be treated as an asset!). What I will say with that in mind however, is the year of sale will still have the same amount of profit recorded. But in the year that we write off what Burnley owe, that will show up as a cost and reduce any potential profit that year?

That's what I wanted to know regarding the Randolph sale before.  I don't see how FFP could include a total for income that we actually don't get.  I mean, I suppose it's possible that FFP does work that way because it's just a set of rules at the end of the day but it would seem odd to me that you could sell a player for a set amount, then buy that player back before all of the actual money has been paid over and it not be factored into the FFP analysis?  I wondered if someone ends up writing an amount off in this way would it just be added as part of the transfer fee and amortised over the contract?  But that didn't seem right to me either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Is it weird that we still haven't announced Morrison or Moukoudi yet if they were so close?

I don't think so. Remember, social media faff on gets added on as time taken to announce the deal. The deals themselves are probably done or as close as they can be to being done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think so. Remember, social media faff on gets added on as time taken to announce the deal. The deals themselves are probably done or as close as they can be to being done.

They might be wanting to announce all of our signings at the same time and we're still working on some?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't be a Oneboro transfer thread if there was no deadline day panicking would it? 🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

They might be wanting to announce all of our signings at the same time and we're still working on some?

They could be staging them to announce across the space of an hour or two to allow the news to slowly bleed out and make the most of the web traffic over a longer period of time. There'll be the announcement article, the '10 things you might not know', the first interview with each player and whatever else they want to throw into the mix.

I suspect the Gibson one is one we're still actively working on behind the scenes and that will be announced at the absolute last minute to make sure the fanfare is spot on if it goes through. Either that or it will be so late that it'll be the complete opposite and the social media/website team will be worked to the bone and just put something simple out until tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Beginning to think that Pete Tonge is back at the club

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

They could be staging them to announce across the space of an hour or two to allow the news to slowly bleed out and make the most of the web traffic over a longer period of time. There'll be the announcement article, the '10 things you might not know', the first interview with each player and whatever else they want to throw into the mix.

I suspect the Gibson one is one we're still actively working on behind the scenes and that will be announced at the absolute last minute to make sure the fanfare is spot on if it goes through. Either that or it will be so late that it'll be the complete opposite and the social media/website team will be worked to the bone and just put something simple out until tomorrow.

All three new signings being announced this evening I heard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cosmonaut said:

All three new signings being announced this evening I heard. 

Heard from ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Why?

Where have you been hiding, Tom?  Hardly seen you around for what seems like ages?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, scotty189 said:

Heard from ?

Nothing special just a mate who has connections to club and ex player or two. I know it sounds typical of what someone would post during a window, but he does know folk within the club. That's all I know from a text. If get any more info will post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cosmonaut said:

Nothing special just a mate who has connections to club and ex player or two. I know it sounds typical of what someone would post during a window, but he does know folk within the club. That's all I know from a text. If get any more info will post. 

all adds to the drama i'm going for a 5 o'clock announcement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, scotty189 said:

all adds to the drama i'm going for a 5 o'clock announcement

we do love a 5-6pm announcement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, scotty189 said:

all adds to the drama i'm going for a 5 o'clock announcement

Ha ha perhaps. Wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Businesses should be means tested much like people are for social welfare. There is no way bajillionaires like Branson should get away with furloughing staff, neither should businesses with 100's of millions of pounds income per year. 
    • Liverpool have reversed the decision now. Rightly so, in my opinion. 
    • I don’t think it’s down to the working class nature of football, boxers don’t get the same flack, I think it’s because clubs are very often the heart of a community. I remember chatting to a woman I met a few years ago who wouldn’t let her kids watch football because footballers were payed an obscene amount of money. I asked her if she allowed her kids to watch Hollywood movies, of course, she said!  
    • Wherever you stand on it... Footballers do always seem to be fair game when it comes to having a pop at the rich. Is it the working class nature of football? I've always wondered.  Where are the calls for musicians, actors, or even athletes from other well-paid sports to give up their earnings for the less fortunate? Or the bankers and CEOs who squirrel millions away into offshore accounts, taking from society and never giving back? At least footballers bring a bit of joy and entertainment to millions of people a couple of times a week. 
    • Yep, its a real sob story.  But in normal life, imagine if you could live comfortably on 10% of your takehome after buying your house and car. You would only have day to day expenses, holidays, etc. You take the rest of your salary and put it in one of those long term savings accounts (or whatever) that you cannot touch for 2 years. Then your salary is reduced and that 10% is no longer enough to cover your day to day. Regardless of how much actual money that is, when you try to force people to change their living circumstances you will always have push-back.  Now of course nobody earning decent money should be in that situation. It is recommended to split your savings, some in short term (easily retrieved), some in medium term (normally a wait period to retrieve) and some in long term (not normally retrievable) eg Property and pension.  On one hand it does highlight that these are just people, like all of us. On the other hand, they are fabulously wealthy and a target for those less well off who are revered when times are good and reviled when times are bad.  I don't blame the players for earning what they do, you make hay while the sun shines and we would all probably try to earn the same if circumstances were different. The clubs though are a different story and should be looking after the non mega-rich employees. 
×
×
  • Create New...