oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Certainly valid points CT and perhaps what we are told is rubbish and it's just what they want us to release. Certainly doesn't do me any favours mate as I look a bit of a tool. 

I don't think you look like a tool at all, mate.  Same goes for Lurker, Diggerlad, Raf and anyone else who has put some information forward.  I feel like the two lads we've signed today were only looked at late on so it would be difficult to get that beforehand anyway.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I think short term is the priority as it stands, though. The summer window was nothing short of disastrous, and but for a great run of results over Christmas, we'd be seriously looking over our shoulder at the bottom three. As far as I was concerned, this window was about bolstering numbers and hanging onto any decent players we do have. Aside from Randolph, we've done both, when you consider that Bola/Browne and the young players weren't really getting a game anyway.

It's far from perfect, but I'd say we have a better squad of players to pick from tomorrow than we did on New Years Day, and have managed that without spending large sums on transfer fees, which to circle back to your initial point, does potentially help us long term.

Yeah, I'd say that's true that we have a better squad of players to pick from tomorrow.  I suppose I'm just thinking of next season and beyond more than this one.

16 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Burnley forcing him to stay there and not play for yet another few months will surely only harden his intention to come back here. I’m sure if he could turn back time he’d have never left us in the first place.

He wanted to do what was right for the club. We had to get his £85k a week wages off the books.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So in short term we got following if Woody wishes to play his favoured formation

Pears

Howson Moukoudi Fry Coulson

Paddy Wing Fry

Ravel Fletch

Britt

With the back up being

Stojanovic

Shotton Wood Friend

Spence Wearne Clayts Sav Marv

Nmecha Rudy

*** I not included Ayala Dijksteel and Roberts given they out for min 4 weeks nd max 8 weeks. Probs see last 2 after International break in March.

All in all a good window if asking are we better than we were 31st Dec.

But as has been pointed plenty of work to do in summer given 4 of 5 signings are loans. Feel we will need to make good use of loan market again in summer mind.

• Like 1

So as the window closes, our squad is: 

Goalkeeper: A bit weaker I'd expect, the new chap has a lot to live up to in Randolph

Defence: Stronger, though missing Ayala with injury

Midfield: About the same

Attack: Stronger, though bad luck over Roberts

On the whole, that's a thumbs up for this transfer window, and hopefully some of the loans we've got in might be here again next year to help the squad as we go for a summer rebuild. 

• Like 1

I think unfortunately the market in January is less for the future beyond the current season. It's usually contextual to the season already taking shape. Teams are quite reactionary instead of proactive and we're pretty guilty of that at the best of times anyway. I would like to see us make more signings for the future whilst the pressure to achieve is low but I guess we might have more luck doing that when our wage budget takes a big thwack to the head in the summer.

Next up will hopefully be new deals for players we should be wanting to keep. I suspect Pears and Spence are close but interesting to see if Howson and/or Ayala sign up now we know what the situation will be like in the summer.

The next few weeks will be interesting as far as the team is concerned and hopefully we  will see progression.

Thanks for the input guys you provided enough info to keep the  thread alive and honest

• Like 1

Sorry guys, I'd have put my life savings on gibson being here today. Glad there weren't any markets on him. 

He will be gutted. Will be interesting to see what happens now. They've allowed him to be up here and not train with them. Will that stop just because the window is now closed. If so then he was here with there blessing expecting him to come here. Will he return or does dyche want him away from the team. Its very sad for him. 

• Like 2

From Morrison point of view he has got to see coming here his last chance to make it at a highish level as if he flops here where he go? So I have come around to signing him expecting him to give his all 

12 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

Sorry guys, I'd have put my life savings on gibson being here today. Glad there weren't any markets on him. 

He will be gutted. Will be interesting to see what happens now. They've allowed him to be up here and not train with them. Will that stop just because the window is now closed. If so then he was here with there blessing expecting him to come here. Will he return or does dyche want him away from the team. Its very sad for him. 

He might have to do some bloody work for a change 😭

A window used to adjust and balance the books. Nothing that says this is our long term plan , more like, just until the season ends. I don’t see ourselves any weaker and if things work out we might get to 12th which is what I was hoping for. 
To put it in perspective, I don’t think we have done to bad so I’m giveing it a thumbs up. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

From Morrison point of view he has got to see coming here his last chance to make it at a highish level as if he flops here where he go? So I have come around to signing him expecting him to give his all 

I suspect he's heard that before but I hope he does grab the opportunity.

1 hour ago, TAPOUT said:

looks like the summer thread is going to be busy. as I see it we have 

Pears, Stojanovic, Mejias

Spence, Dijksteel, Coulson, Bola

Fry, Woods

Mcnair, Saville, Wing, Tav, Browne

Britt, Fletcher, Walker

Lots to do.

Britt is the only one on big money and with him only having 12 months left on his contract he will go in the summer. That leaves McNair, Savile and Fletcher on decent champo money, but not mad money.  We should be in a really good financial position to kick on