oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

23 hours ago, BoroJake said:

Graeme Bailey saying we have an option to buy on Moukoudi 

SDS saying the opposite and I am more inclined to believe him. Makes you wonder who Bailey's source is at the club?

West Ham and Villa wanted him and one of the clubs offered 13 million pounds for him which was rejected by S-Etienne. We know it is a loan at this stage but these types of players are the ones we should be going in for and we should be optimistic we can attract such a player

I feel when we clear out in the summer with the big wages and FFP in line we can attract some serious talent.

52 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Nothing of the sort.

No club is obliged to sell any player. I'm simply saying that what has transpired over the last couple of weeks makes no sense.

With hindsight, neither does Gibson's move to Burnley...

He was signed to replace left footer Ben Mee, but then that deal fell through. Burnley's have a fantastic injury record so there was just no way into the team. What is surprising though is that Gibson doesn't even make the bench. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• Sadly, I watch the games with the sound down so I won't be able to hear you.  I want to have as realistic a Riverside experience as possible so that means sitting in silence with an underlying seething rage and befuddled bemusement about what I'm being forced to watch. Also, and this point can't be stressed enough, you're weird.
    • Fantastic player, fantastic manager, fantastic fella.  RIP Big Jack 🍺
    • JACK SHOULD HAVE HAD HIS OWN THREAD. It's shocking hiding a legend and icon away in a poxy catch all Boro other news thread,  RIP Jack. You led the club out of a long period of the 2nd division wilderness.
    • Damn that opening post is a masterclass in tactical analysis! Wonder if he's on the club's payroll? Looks like they've got some good peeps on their forum anyway. Usual matchday nerves are starting to kick in. Trying to stay calm by watching the cricket...its actually helping a lot!  😴  
    • 1. With the players we have I think 3 at the back with wingbacks suits us best. So yeah continue with it. 2. I think we've seen flashes of what the 2 of them can do together up top. I think going forwards they can be a very effective partnership. Was it the goals they scored against Hull and Bristol (away) where they just pretty much 1-2ed it all the way in? 3. Met Steve Borthwick (Former Saracens and England Rugby Captain) whilst watching the Olympic triathlon at Hyde park back in 2012.