oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

9 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Need to get spence tied down...URGENTLY..... Wolves have scouted him last 3 games 

Spence seems to have his head screwed on, would hope he understands that his game time would be limited more at Wolves than if he stayed here

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, OldManGravz said:

Spence seems to have his head screwed on, would hope he understands that his game time would be limited more at Wolves than if he stayed here

Problem we have is even if he signs a  contract this is how the club want to become self sufficient.... our best youngsters will be sold at some point. 

3 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Problem we have is even if he signs a  contract this is how the club want to become self sufficient.... our best youngsters will be sold at some point. 

Yeah, but he’d go for very little right now. In a years time who knows

24 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Have a feeling Spence doesn’t want to stay up here. Probably prefers it down south closer to London. He mentioned in the interview in the gazette it is a bit quiet up here or something like that

He said there were less people, but it's alright he's up here to play football and so long as he's playing and happy it's all fine.

33 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Need to get spence tied down...URGENTLY..... Wolves have scouted him last 3 games 

Can Wolves *** off taking our raw but ridiculously fast right sided players, thanks.

I suspect they will want to make an acquisition based on more than the few games he's played. He wouldn't be a first choice player, not even close in their team, he's a young lad who's just making his way into the team. I'm not shocked to see people keeping an eye on him but I'd be very shocked to see any serious kind of offer for Spence in January. I'd be just as shocked to see Spence want to leave at this stage of his development with a decent contract possibly round the corner here shortly.

58 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

As much as I do understand that, I would hope that we understand the value of keeping them until their value is at its peak and negotiating a good deal with sell on clauses and stuff, rather than selling as soon as anyone throws a few million quid at us

so with a few additons/departures how would everyone like us to line up.  Im going for

..............................Pears........................

...................Fry.....Ayala......Gibbo..........

Spence.........Howson....Mcniar........Colsen

....................Wing......Maddison..........

..........................Toney.............

Back Up,

..............................Darlow........................

...................Shotton.....Wood......Friend..........

Dicksteel.........Clayton....Saville........Bola

....................Tav......Johnson..........

..........................Fletcher.............

2 hours ago, scotty189 said:

so with a few additons/departures how would everyone like us to line up.  Im going for

..............................Pears........................

...................Fry.....Ayala......Gibbo..........

Spence.........Howson....Mcniar........Colsen

....................Wing......Maddison..........

..........................Toney.............

Back Up,

..............................Darlow........................

...................Shotton.....Wood......Friend..........

Dicksteel.........Clayton....Saville........Bola

....................Tav......Johnson..........

..........................Fletcher.............

Tav has to start! He’s been our best midfielder over the last month or so.

47 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

A lot of the news sites today have us linked with Jordan Jones.

Bit of a billy big *** off the pitch, by all accounts, but I'd have him back happily.

He's been decent up in Scotland and for Northern Ireland, we're still lacking in wide players too.

If buying a new house is enough to make a player leave the club, I wonder if Boro fans could do a crowdfunding campaign where we buy houses at the far end of the country for other players we want to get rid of? There are some cheap properties in South Wales and Dorset...

• Haha 1