oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

9 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

JJ didn't leave under a cloud. He decided to leave on a bosman and join rangers 

Sorry, that was poor wording on my part.

He left Middlesbrough under a cloud.

Given people have criticised Browne for having a poor attitude when all I've ever seen is him being slightly over-exuberant on the pitch in his few cameo appearances, and seemingly fully invested off of it, I think it's harsh to just give up on him.

• Like 3
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

The three new signings, Bola, Dijksteel and Brown might come good. 

Look at where Paddy, Johnson and Fletcher was when they signed .. Big flops according to the armchair scouts and pundits 😛 

Not saying that those three are world beaters, but they for sure are good squad players for us now, so the three new signings can come good. Time will tell!

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

@Lurker just wondering if you have the same info on Ben as I do... would love to return but Burnley refusing to do business

Same as last window, could happen but late on unless we give them what they want. They want a Prem club to pay full wages. Can’t see that happening.

Think he could end up here, however, if we keep up our form I think we’d invest that money on Ayala and/or Howson

1 hour ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

People are really keen on this Maddison deal considering none of the ITK guys have ever claimed anything regarding him

SDS did, but then again he seems to get dodgy info now and then.

55 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Roberts is a great signing if it goes through.

Think Ayala will be gone in the summer unless we make the playoffs. He could walk into any lower table premier league team.

Do you think? I think Ayala is the best cb in the championship but I think the championship is where he stays. His attributes are perfect for the championship and I think he'd have a nightmare with Var.

I don't know where Ayalas head is at but I think it's actually a tricky move for Ayala next. I don't think hed start in the prem or at least not for long. His best bet is probably a championship side with parachute payments. Whoever doesn't go up out of the likes of Stoke/Huddersfield and Fulham. Moving to these sort of clubs is purely financial though imo as I don't think they'll be any better suited than we are going into next season. By all accounts he is settled here?

• Like 1

Ayala is 29 so his next contract will be his last, to that end he needs to go wherever the most money is. I can’t blame him for that. I just hope it’s us 

15 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Ayala is 29 so his next contract will be his last, to that end he needs to go wherever the most money is. I can’t blame him for that. I just hope it’s us 

Not necessarily his last Uwe but almost certainly his last lucrative contract. 

6 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Talking about us not having money... Derby aren’t able to pay their players on time😂

And they are bringing in Wayne Rooney on what will surely top dollar wages. They can’t even pay the players who are there now 😂

Just now, Blanco said:

And they are bringing in Wayne Rooney on what will surely top dollar wages. They can’t even pay the players who are there now 😂

Iirc they're paying him like 100k a week or something mad.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Iirc they're paying him like 100k a week or something mad.

It’s bizarre to think that it’s ok not to pay players on time and continue to sign new players on big wages. But if a club does have a wealthy owner who can easily cover everything he is prevented from doing so because of FFP. 
Derby are living on the edge and are being allowed to do so.