oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Honestly, I'd only really understand selling Assombalonga, Gestede or Randolph in this window.

We could replace Assombalonga or Gestede, both cost far too much and one is out of contract.

Randolph is valuable and at a fair age still, and is easily our best keeper, but isn't essential.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'd be wary of getting rid of easily one of the better keepers we have had of the last decade (feels weird typing that). Last time we did that it played a big role in our slow decline to where we are now.

It may eventually come down to our hand being forced financially. Which I understand.

Just now, Smoggydownsouth said:

Cheers Keith but that deal is 95% done.

He could be helping us get a better deal with that tweet. How does he get on with Gibson I wonder?

13 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I think it’ll be more of a 433 than a 4231. Said this yesterday, but I think we will use Liverpool as a template with inside forwards, full backs creating the width and energy in midfield. We already had the attacking full backs (Spence and Coulson) and the energy in midfield (McNair, Howson, Clayton, Saville, Wing, Tav) before the window. We just needed to add the inside forwards. We’ve added one today. Add Clarke and we will have the other. 

Similar to my thinking.

The key players are the likes of Howson, McNair, Tavernier and Wing who allow us to switch between

4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 3-4-3 and 5-3-2 with just the fluidity of 1/2 players.

• Like 1

Guardian said WHU value at 3 we want 5 shouldn't be too hard meeting in the middle at 4?

Nothing against Randolph but he's on silly money we have a sizeable fee wrapped up in him plus he has 18 months left. I hope we don't hardball too hard I don't hear many other suitors mentioned lately and if losing his wages covers Ayala/Howson extensions it makes perfect sense.

My thoughts on Randolph is that the deal must be happening, as it appears that the financial strings have been loosened early with the signing of Roberts and the imminent signing of Clarke. If it had not been the case the club would have been still messing about  on deadline day.

11 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I’d love the don’t need to sell bit to be correct

So would I but West Ham know as well as we do that he's got 18 months left on his contract. 

We might not be desperate but I think our financial situation means we need rid of him this month.

• Like 1