oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I think Randolph is fortunate enough to of accumulated enough money to try and spend the time left to create abit of sporting legacy either helping the Boro get promoted or international helping Ireland reach a world cup.

From watching his career whilst with us, I think this is his biggest priority to be honest. I think that's why it's important to recognise him wanting to keep playing rather than being a second-choice keeper, otherwise he could lose his Ireland spot. I think it was suitably one of his biggest reasons for dropping out of the Prem to begin with, as well as the wages we undoubtedly have him on.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I think Randolph is fortunate enough to of accumulated enough money to try and spend the time left to create abit of sporting legacy either helping the Boro get promoted or international helping Ireland reach a world cup.

He probably has. But if he is on 35k here and WH offer him a 4 year deal at 75k plus a nice sign on bonus it’ll be very hard to turn down. Even if he ends up on the bench he’ll still be first choice at Ireland at least for the coming Euro finals if Ireland qualify. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

He probably has. But if he is on 35k here and WH offer him a 4 year deal at 75k plus a nice sign on bonus it’ll be very hard to turn down. Even if he ends up on the bench he’ll still be first choice at Ireland at least for the coming Euro finals if Ireland qualify. 

35k per week equates to £2.7 million in wages over next 18 months. Doubt we can afford that.

24 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Know what any of the various reasons are? Very curious on that one.

Apparently Gary Mills? Warned him regarding his attitude and life style and that he causes friction within camps - probably explains why no1 has took a gamble on him. Shame as I've always thought he could do well at the Boro.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I get what you are saying BD but do you think 75k is a realistic figure for someone that you don’t intend to give game time to unless there is an injury? Maybe at the biggest spenders in the top four but I can’t see it below them

3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I get what you are saying BD but do you think 75k is a realistic figure for someone that you don’t intend to give game time to unless there is an injury? Maybe at the biggest spenders in the top four but I can’t see it below them

I can easily see WH paying an international keeper that amount if they want someone good enough to challenge for the starting spot. They spend massive amounts of money on wages. 

• Wow 1
5 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Apparently Gary Mills? Warned him regarding his attitude and life style and that he causes friction within camps - probably explains why no1 has took a gamble on him. Shame as I've always thought he could do well at the Boro.

Thanks. Shame if true!

17 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Sounds lovely, I’m not convinced though mate tbh. Money talks, even to the morally principled few! 

2 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I think it’s a real shame if we’re forcing our best player (and the best GK we’ve had for years) out of the club for £4m. I can’t imagine he’s the highest paid player here either. 

I suspect he's up there, he joined during that cash-splashing summer as the man to keep the goals out for a smash the league campaign. I reckon he'll be one of our highest earners.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

I can easily see WH paying an international keeper that amount if they want someone good enough to challenge for the starting spot. They spend massive amounts of money on wages. 

I respect your thought process as always but it really would have to be massive figures for him to go back there so maybe you have a point 👍

Just now, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Sounds lovely, I’m not convinced though mate tbh. Money talks, even to the morally principled few! 

I don't think anybody would be surprised to see Randolph signing for West Ham. But I think the circumstances around the transfer aren't always as clear cut as a player being desperate to move and 100% alright with the deal. This wouldn't be the first time we've tried to push a player out of the club if reports on here are correct, even the owner's nephew wasn't beyond being pushed out beyond his will.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Gary Mills or David Mills?

I don’t understand, genuinely, ‘reports on here’? Aren’t they all opinions, realistically? 

I may well be wrong, I can’t see the club being that stupid enough to ‘cash in’ on 3-4 million on our best player, to have Pears as number one. Frightening if true. 

I think if he’s offered more money, and a contract bigger than 18 months, and also the choice of 1st team football for pretty much any prem club, he’ll be off, and I wouldn’t blame him one bit tbh