Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Raf smog said:

Cb gibbo

midfield clarke Maddison 

attacker young spurs striker parrett I think his name was

 

Cheers @Raf smog

 

Any other shock outgoings? Is Woody changing shape again? And anything on contracts for DJed/Ayala/Howson? 

Thanks for the info 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Cheers @Raf smog

 

Any other shock outgoings? Is Woody changing shape again? And anything on contracts for DJed/Ayala/Howson? 

Thanks for the info 

Next one should be djed and tav. Out goings paddy is getting a lot of interest again. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Sorry been away. Clarke due at rockcliffe tomorrow again. Randolph more than 5 million, looks like he’s gone. CB is priority now might have something to do with Ayala. Ben Gibson has been back over Christmas definitely wants to come back.  Shotton wants out back to midlands.   Marcus Maddison is very much on if we get cash for Randolph, bevington was guy saying no. 2.5 mil I was told. 

Thanks for the info. Also, are you saying Randolph is gone for more than 5m or that it will take more than 5m for him to go? 
 

As for Clarke and Parrott, could they potentially be in not long after the Spurs game? Makes sense seeing as though they’ll be up from London. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Next one should be djed and tav. Out goings paddy is getting a lot of interest again. 

Sweet. We really need to tie Tav down he is out of contract 2021. I can see Mcnair going to either Sheff Utd or Villa , tbf Saville has stepped up alot recently so there has to be some players leaving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks RAF and all the other guys providing info. This window has started a 100 mph. That said I’m worried that we actually interested in paying 2,5 million for a league 1 player who is out of contract in 6 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Cb gibbo

midfield clarke Maddison 

attacker young spurs striker parrett I think his name was

 

This would be unbelievable business. 

 

I'm guessing parrett would be hinging on Jose getting some back up for kane because at the moment they have none apart from moving son or lucas out of position. Everyone is raving about him in the spurs and Ireland camps. Would love us to secure an 18 month loan deal for him.

If we only lost Randolph and got all of the above, that could be a genuine promotion chasing side with real depth as well. I'd like a keeper to be number one but would settle for pears until summer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Thanks RAF and all the other guys providing info. This window has started a 100 mph. That said I’m worried that we actually interested in paying 2,5 million for a league 1 player who is out of contract in 6 months. 

 

it would be risk, but if he comes in and performs well could be a great signings, and at 2.5 mil i view it as a risk worth taking.  10 goals and 8 assists in 23 games, are we gonna a player performing better than this for less than 2.5 million in the January transfer window? i highly doubt it.  i mean look what our bang average midfielders have cost us in comparison.  saville 7-8 mil mcnair over 5 mil etc. 

think we need to ignore the 6 months left , we a player like him in now not in 6 months. also in the summer other clubs will almost certainly get him over us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

This would be unbelievable business. 

 

I'm guessing parrett would be hinging on Jose getting some back up for kane because at the moment they have none apart from moving son or lucas out of position. Everyone is raving about him in the spurs and Ireland camps. Would love us to secure an 18 month loan deal for him.

If we only lost Randolph and got all of the above, that could be a genuine promotion chasing side with real depth as well. I'd like a keeper to be number one but would settle for pears until summer.

Settle until Summer? The lad hasn’t put a foot wrong and in my opinion has looked class. Yes you could say the defence has improved but a massive part of that is having trust in the keeper behind you. Has made crucial saves in the last two games to ensure a comfortable win. Hope he stays the number 1 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Thanks for the explanation. As a rule I generally think people who elude to knowing something, probably know *** all but im new here so clearly don’t understand who’s who. 
 

I obviously understand the final point you make mate, and to a large extent I agree with it, but I still think cutting the wage bill from one player (not matter how big that one wage is) isn’t overly savvy if you’re loosing games and revenue. I say this well aware of the last 4 results without him but maybe it speaks more about me, and the major reservations I have about Pears. Who knows. I do disagree with one point though. I think he’s gone in January. 

Aye that's fine, you're not alone there, I don't think any of the people who contribute from that 'in-the-know' position generally care if you believe them or not, I think a lot of us don't outright believe everything they say is going to happen, if for nothing other than the fact it's football and things change all the time anyway. But it's nice if nothing else just to spark up a bit of discussion in here, usually leads the transfer threads to being pretty hot topics on the forum and whether you believe them or not, I think most don't come on to cause bother, just to say their bit as much as anyone. 🙂

I think the problem re: wages is that FFP is a problem for us (so we're told and it would make sense given Gibson's public criticism of clubs like Derby and Wednesday) and that we're a bit held back from say, giving some of our more experienced players new contracts or signing anyone new onto the wage bill. Getting rid of someone big on there could really free us up to move for players we want.

I wasn't saying I thinking he won't leave either, mate, just that we'll be getting a fee that I think is worthy of the contribution he's made whilst he's been here. I think he's almost certainly gone up in value but we're not in a great position to negotiate a higher fee when we are, as you've alluded to, in a poor position when we've lost a fair few games and we're not really challenging for anything. We need to shift some people on and we probably won't be able to extend his contract, if we don't sell now he'll be into his last 12 months and his value will start to drop.

I'm still a bit wary of Pears too, as delighted as I've been with his contribution, it kind of reminds me of people feeling safe with Jason Steele when he first started coming into the team. When we were stuck with him between the sticks, his frailties started showing a lot more and we didn't have anywhere to turn when he was out of form. If we don't replace Randolph, that's a big weight on Pears' shoulders.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Settle until Summer? The lad hasn’t put a foot wrong and in my opinion has looked class. Yes you could say the defence has improved but a massive part of that is having trust in the keeper behind you. Has made crucial saves in the last two games to ensure a comfortable win. Hope he stays the number 1 

exaclty, 7 clean sheets in 12 games, what more does he have to do haha, these people saying we need a another number 1 keeper clearly havnt paid attention in recent games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

This would be unbelievable business. 

If we only lost Randolph and got all of the above, 

Yeah a bit too unbelievable I'd say.  I'd be surprised if we could or would swap Randolph alone for all of those players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contrary to the normal itk on here, but heard the move for Roberts early might be our only business of the window. Rest totally reliant on outs, if any at all

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

Contrary to the normal itk on here, but heard the move for Roberts early might be our only business of the window. Rest totally reliant on outs, if any at all

That’s more like it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

That’s more like it

Reading it back it comes across really downbeat, but just passing it on haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Contrary to the normal itk on here, but heard the move for Roberts early might be our only business of the window. Rest totally reliant on outs, if any at all

the muppet christmas carol vintage GIF

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...