oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Couple of questions to those on the forum who just might know more than most of us.

Any update with regards to the South American lad who was recently mentioned at all? I personally would like to see that happening.

And secondly the consensus of opinion very recently was getting rid of Gestede, has that wavered at all due to recent performance levels, can his continuation in a Boro shirt be justified now? 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Just now, Downsouth said:

Couple of questions to those on the forum who just might know more than most of us.

Any update with regards to the South American lad who was recently mentioned at all? I personally would like to see that happening.

And secondly the consensus of opinion very recently was getting rid of Gestede, has that wavered at all due to recent performance levels, can his continuation in a Boro shirt be justified now? 

Not sure we get a permit for the South American mate.

For what its worth, I was told Randolph was our highest paid player at give or take £30k by a family friend who is well connected at the club. Sounds like his wages could cover three players.

As others have said, surely we're moving a midfielder on if the other incomings are true. McNair? Shame as he's been good, but Tav Wing Saville & Clayton should be okay. Howson can play central if need be too. 

Reckon Britt will stay on nothing more than a gut feeling!

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

3yr deal 50k a week on table apparently... nice 7.8 million contract

He'd be daft not to take that. He's not injured and training but not getting a look in here, he's not even making the bench. I know it's wrong to force players out but that's a pretty sweet deal for him at West Ham.

2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

For what its worth, I was told Randolph was our highest paid player at give or take £30k by a family friend who is well connected at the club. Sounds like his wages could cover three players.

As others have said, surely we're moving a midfielder on if the other incomings are true. Shame as he's been good, but Tav Wing Saville & Clayton should be okay. Howson can play central if need be too. 

Reckon Britt will stay on nothing more than a gut feeling!

Gestede is still our highest earner, which is why the club are so desperate to get rid of him.

11 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

IMO gestede is a tricky one, because when on form (and fit) he is a capable striker in this league and can be useful. But he is on high wages and if he could be moved on for the benefit of our wage budget and transfer kitty then I wouldn't be too sad to see him go.

I too would be interested to see if anything comes of Evanilson. Supposed to out of contract end of Feb.

Edit. I suspect we will have difficulty moving gestede on, and will probably see out his remaining contract.

Edited by Johnmfc81
  • Like 2
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Gestede is still our highest earner, which is why the club are so desperate to get rid of him.

Wow, seriously? Let's hope he's about to start repaying some of it. Still, I bet Randolph can't be far off him. 

11 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Wow, seriously? Let's hope he's about to start repaying some of it. Still, I bet Randolph can't be far off him. 

Gestede is on 40k, I was told Randolph is on 25k along with Britt and a few others.

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Gestede is on 40k, I was told Randolph is on 25k along with Britt and a few others.

If that's true,

A) what a monumental cockup that signing was

B) You can understand why he wants to squeeze every last second out of that contract!

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

If that's true,

A) what a monumental cockup that signing was

B) You can understand why he wants to squeeze every last second out of that contract!

I have no way of knowing if it's true, it just sounds like us to offer that kind of contract. Remember we were still in the PL at the time. 

Looking back we were fools not to snap Leeds hands off when they offered us 6m for him.

Well it really does seem to indicate we are going to have a busy transfer window both with incomings and players leaving.

Interesting month and pleased that we have already started as the momentum needs to continue on the pitch.

Personally as we have not seen the likes of Shotton, Randolf and Britt for such a long time indicates that they are soon to depart  

It’s a great contract for Randolph of course but does anyone else think £5m is low considering we bought him as a reserve keeper and is now leaving for the same price we bought him for as the best keeper in the league? Can’t help but think we could’ve done better