oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

As DS has closed the summer transfer thread post mortem, here is a chance to share coming links and rumours on both incoming and outgoing transfers!

Do we have anything in the kitty? 

Will we sell Britt, cause he has only 18 months left, to recoup just a little as Duvel suggested? 

Ivan Toney? 

Shoot, friends!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

As per the last few years, we need to sign some actual wide players. I'm not sure anyone would disagree with that.

I like Britt, but can see us selling him and replacing him with Toney. Just in my opinion.

I would be up for that myself but Toney isnt going to come cheap.

They rejected 4million in the summer and surely his value has gone up since then considerably. 

I think we would only get about 8million for Britt on current performances.

14 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

I would be up for that myself but Toney isnt going to come cheap.

They rejected 4million in the summer and surely his value has gone up since then considerably. 

I think we would only get about 8million for Britt on current performances.

Tbh I'm struggling to see anyone paying 8 million for Britt. I'm beginning to come to terms that he will be the one we'll have to let go. I'd much rather keep Fry and Randolph that's for sure. I don't think Britt will get more than 12 this season and I suppose a cheaper option could match him for those goals. If his sale would mean a new striker and 1 or 2 extra bodies in key areas then I'd go for it. Surely there should be some useful loans out there.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Tbh I'm struggling to see anyone paying 8 million for Britt. I'm beginning to come to terms that he will be the one we'll have to let go. I'd much rather keep Fry and Randolph that's for sure. I don't think Britt will get more than 12 this season and I suppose a cheaper option could match him for those goals. If his sale would mean a new striker and 1 or 2 extra bodies in key areas then I'd go for it. Surely there should be some useful loans out there.

I completely agree. 

Any money near £8million then I would snap there hands off, but Woody knows he's only going to get half of whatever we receive from transfer sales

12 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I completely agree. 

Any money near £8million then I would snap there hands off, but Woody knows he's only going to get half of whatever we receive from transfer sales

For 4 mil there's players out there that will do a better job than Assombalonga. Nugent was 2mil, Kike 2.5..

I've always tried to be a defender of his; the goalscoring record speaks for itself but now that has dried up we're left with a VERY clumsy player that goes down way to softly.

Don't get me started on Fletcher.

I think the scouts if there are any out there supposedly working for the Boro. Should change their tactics stop looking far a field and building up their expense's. Start looking closer to home in the lower leagues for one or two young keen strikers. Players that we can get for far less money than higher league or foreign strikers are priced at.

I am sure if the scouts look along the east coast at clubs like Whitley Bay, Whitby,South Shields  and Scarboro they could possibly get a player or two for a bag of winkles and a fish n chip supper. 😄

"Question"  Do you think Robbie Keen is to old to get out on that field on Saturdays and show Britass how to score goals.?

(Just a thought) 😉

1 hour ago, Motor Mouth said:

I think the scouts if there are any out there supposedly working for the Boro. Should change their tactics stop looking far a field and building up their expense's. Start looking closer to home in the lower leagues for one or two young keen strikers. Players that we can get for far less money than higher league or foreign strikers are priced at.

I am sure if the scouts look along the east coast at clubs like Whitley Bay, Whitby,South Shields  and Scarboro they could possibly get a player or two for a bag of winkles and a fish n chip supper. 😄

"Question"  Do you think Robbie Keen is to old to get out on that field on Saturdays and show Britass how to score goals.?

(Just a thought) 😉

One of our main problem is that we haven't looked far enough for talent. We've looked domestically and that has cost us a lot of money for very little output. These sums would arguably have gotten us much better value for money on the continent in terms of fees and wages:

Britt 15 mil

Fletcher 7 mil

Howson 5 mil

Gestede 6 mil

Johnson 3 mil

Saville 7 mil

Don't you think those 43 million would have gotten us a lot more quality had we bothered with looking towards Belgium, France, Scandinavia etc? This season we've recruited from league 1 and so far none of those have helped (albeit still early and they are young).

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

One of our main problem is that we haven't looked far enough for talent. We've looked domestically and that has cost us a lot of money for very little output. These sums would arguably have gotten us much better value for money on the continent in terms of fees and wages:

Britt 15 mil

Fletcher 7 mil

Howson 5 mil

Gestede 6 mil

Johnson 3 mil

Saville 7 mil

Don't you think those 43 million would have gotten us a lot more quality had we bothered with looking towards Belgium, France, Scandinavia etc? This season we've recruited from league 1 and so far none of those have helped (albeit still early and they are young).

Thats ok if you have some one who can spot the kind of talent you are on about.

But at present we are free falling into League One and with no money in the coffers. Even if some one comes along in January and buys Britass which I very much doubt on his present form like I said there ain't nobody at the club that can spot a good player as you have proved with that list above.

No best to start all over again and start looking locally for up and coming players that want it and will not be fazed by League One or even Championship if by some miracle we actually stay up.

Get the scouts out on the playing fields on Sunday and let them start spotting local lads,the club will be a tidy sum better off as well if they are not claiming for flights all over the place and nights in hotels.

Remember that old proverb, Look after the pennies and  the pounds will look after themselves.😉

2 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

Thats ok if you have some one who can spot the kind of talent you are on about.

But at present we are free falling into League One and with no money in the coffers. Even if some one comes along in January and buys Britass which I very much doubt on his present form like I said there ain't nobody at the club that can spot a good player as you have proved with that list above.

No best to start all over again and start looking locally for up and coming players that want it and will not be fazed by League One or even Championship if by some miracle we actually stay up.

Get the scouts out on the playing fields on Sunday and let them start spotting local lads,the club will be a tidy sum better off as well if they are not claiming for flights all over the place and nights in hotels.

Remember that old proverb, Look after the pennies and  the pounds will look after themselves.😉

That worked out fine for Ipswich 🙃

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

That worked out fine for Ipswich 🙃

Boro have a larger catchment area than Ipswich  plus on their doorstep they are competing with Norwich just up the road..

Boro have become lazy thinking because of the Robbo and McClaren era's that money will solve all our problems you just have to look at the youth coming through  to see that something is wrong on that side of things. We have had some very good youngsters but those that actually make it through are soon sold off. They only return when they are over the hill and for a final pay day,          immediately  Downing and Woodgate spring to mind .