oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 minute ago, Foogle said:

It does seem like Maddison has been discussed here for a couple of years, has put up great numbers in league one for years and yet no Championship team has ever shown any concrete interest to even activate the release clause.

Yeah that's what I mean.  There has to be something putting everyone off?  It's not like he's untapped potential because he does have the numbers already.  Some players don't have the numbers, get overlooked for a while, but then someone sees the potential and they blossom.  This doesn't appear to be the same as that.  I think attitude or personality has been mentioned on here before?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah that's what I mean.  There has to be something putting everyone off?  It's not like he's untapped potential because he does have the numbers already.  Some players don't have the numbers, get overlooked for a while, but then someone sees the potential and they blossom.  This doesn't appear to be the same as that.  I think attitude or personality has been mentioned on here before?

As long as he doesn't grin awkwardly after missing a good chance... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Something about Maddison doesn't sit right with me.  He's an odd one.

Have to agree. Peterborough dont seem that desperate to keep him. Something must be off.

Edited by Smogzilla

Well heck, we've had Gazza and Merson... If they were bad players, they would have been kicked out.. 

So let's Spice things up, cause we could for sure use Maddison's skilles on the pitch!

A New club might help him develop on the mental plan... 

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

Isn't Maddison out of contract in the summer. No club has matched his release clause for years so you'd think there is something about him that clubs don't like. You can't argue against his stats though.

attitude apparently reminds me of Tomlin a bit, plenty of ability but not the greatest trainer

1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

Have to agree. Peterborough dont seem that desperate to keep him. Something must be off.

I think he wants to leave and move up, Peterborough know this and therefore aren't making any attempt to keep him. There was a chance he could have gone this time last year, but then I think Peterborough invoked a clause for a 1 year extension

I haven't heard if this is true or not yet but he's someone I have wanted us to sign for the past 3 transfer windows.

Yes, he's got an attitude problem and doesn't defend but I am sure him stepping up a level could change that. His stats over the past 3 seasons cannot be ignored - he is prolific assist king especially from set pieces which we have lacked for a long time.

The only problem is I can't see where he would fit in the 3-5-2 system but what if I heard is true about Ben Gibson then I can see us going to a back 4 and playing with wingers.

He's from the Newcastle area and stepping up a division, so I'm sure he wouldn't throw away that progression opportunity away easily.

All good players need to have a bit of a attitude and ruthless streak in them I suppose.

• Like 1