oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

I'm a big advocate of Maddison and do think the potential reward of signing him outweighs the risks. 

If we wanted to go down the route of a "Moneyball" type of system, he would be a perfect candidate. Undervalued due to his training/attitude problems (The undervalued part being the main premise of Moneyball).

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Soooooo, sell Randy and Ayala, get Gibbo in until January to cover the loss of Ayala, add Clarke & Maddison to our attacking play with the funds raised from those sales? Maybe Cosgrove too (although I can imagine that'd only be if Britt gets sold)? That's gotta lower the wage budget overall, hopefully raise a few million pounds for the kitty...

May even be able to afford a couple of young loans from Prem teams in!

• Like 1

Does anyone have a reliable source for Madison's attitude problem?

It seems to come up all the time but I'd never heard of him being in any trouble and he plays pretty much every game for his club. Youd expect if he was erratic or didnt put the work in hed be in and out?

43 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Does anyone have a reliable source for Madison's attitude problem?

It seems to come up all the time but I'd never heard of him being in any trouble and he plays pretty much every game for his club. Youd expect if he was erratic or didnt put the work in hed be in and out?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/peterborough-owner-doubts-sunderland-meet-16381550

His Chairman said Sunderland ended interest in summer 2018 because they were concerned he had a 'attitude problem'. Apparently it's a 'in the game' rumour started by a former manager of his about a bad attitude that's what Macanthony said.

Edited by Jamie-H
18 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

It might same picky but, the guy recently got face tattoos, what kinda man goes and gets tattoos on his face? A mentalists, that's what type 

He'll do for me then, we haven't had a proper mentalist since Pogatetz Barry Robson.  Long overdue.

Edited by Hendrie_7
Forgot Super Baz. Shame on me.
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/peterborough-owner-doubts-sunderland-meet-16381550

His Chairman said Sunderland ended interest in summer 2018 because they were concerned he had a 'attitude problem'. Apparently it's a 'in the game' rumour started by a former manager of his about a bad attitude that's what Macanthony said.

If he has got a bad attitude then it'll be pretty well known within the game. 

I haven't watched him play so I can't really comment but maybe he just doesn't look good enough to step up a level. 

I remember Premier league fans complaining that no one took a chance on Jordan Rhodes when he was banging the goals in. However I think if you watched him play a few full games rather than just his highlights you could see he was never good enough for that level. 

2 hours ago, BoroMart said:

It might same picky but, the guy recently got face tattoos, what kinda man goes and gets tattoos on his face? A mentalists, that's what type 

😀

That sounds like one of Smogzilla's Opta reports 🤭

• Haha 1

Just some info I woke up to this morning... Maddison 85% happening.. just dependant on payment structure... after Clarke but he doesn't want to play for us due to Leeds connection and probably end up at Fulham. Got nothing on Gibbo but just cant see that happening... told Randolph is going to the highest bidder.. contract talks not taking place until March dependant on league position and then knowing playing budget for 20/21 season. Just what I have been told.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
59 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just some info I woke up to this morning... Maddison 85% happening.. just dependant on payment structure... after Clarke but he doesn't want to play for us due to Leeds connection and probably end up at Fulham. Got nothing on Gibbo but just cant see that happening... told Randolph is going to the highest bidder.. contract talks not taking place until March dependant on league position and then knowing playing budget for 20/21 season. Just what I have been told.

Thank you for the info @Smoggydownsouth. You hear anything about likely price we are looking for Randolph? Also any info regarding which out of contract players JW wants to keep n let go? 

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Thank you for the info @Smoggydownsouth. You hear anything about likely price we are looking for Randolph? Also any info regarding which out of contract players JW wants to keep n let go? 

Been told we want 10 for Randolph... dont see us offering terms for Ayala Howson Gestede... just because I dont think we can afford them. Clayton free to go as well I believe