oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

36 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Been told we want 10 for Randolph... dont see us offering terms for Ayala Howson Gestede... just because I dont think we can afford them. Clayton free to go as well I believe

Aw that is a shame. Out the 7 out of contract i want Howson Ayala and Friend to stay. Shotton, Clayton, Marv and Rudy can go.

My hope is maybe offering ayala n howson reduced terms but maybe over a longer contract. I am aware its not easy as just that but hope we can keep hold of them two.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Personally think not offering Ayala and Howson new deals would be a massive mistake. Ayala has been a rock in a poor defence and how many games has Howson performed below a 7/10, I can’t remember too many. I’ve heard both really enjoy being at the club so that could be a boost. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just some info I woke up to this morning... Maddison 85% happening.. just dependant on payment structure

That makes no sense.. Why would we pay 2.6 for a lad that's free in 6 months but then holding off on contract talks until March so we know the budget?

24 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

That makes no sense.. Why would we pay 2.6 for a lad that's free in 6 months but then holding off on contract talks until March so we know the budget?

Because there would be more competition for him on a free transfer, whereas at £2.6 mil only a few will be able to afford him.

"Middlesbrough targeting Rangers goalkeeper Wes Foderingham as West Ham line up Darren Randolph to provide competition for returning number one Lukasz Fabianski"

"Middlesbrough are weighing up a move for Rangers goalkeeper Wes Foderingham.

The 28-year-old is being considered as Boro brace themselves for an offer from West Ham for current number one Darren Randolph.

Foderingham is out of contract in the summer and is free to talk to English clubs from January."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7792165/Middlesbrough-targeting-Rangers-goalkeeper-Wes-Foderingham-West-Ham-line-Darren-Randolph.html

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just some info I woke up to this morning... Maddison 85% happening.. just dependant on payment structure... after Clarke but he doesn't want to play for us due to Leeds connection and probably end up at Fulham. Got nothing on Gibbo but just cant see that happening... told Randolph is going to the highest bidder.. contract talks not taking place until March dependant on league position and then knowing playing budget for 20/21 season. Just what I have been told.

Dunno why that would be an issue for him, Leeds couldn't care less out about us.  Plus if he's that bothered about Leeds, he'd be better off coming to us rather than going and helping one of their promotion rivals.

2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

It's Boro, so why wouldn't we?  Sense and us don't go hand in hand sometimes.  Besides, we're clearly desperate.

Few weeks ago i suggested Jordan Rhodes as a Jan loan signing if we failed to get our main striker targets in as he was failing to even make Sheff Weds match day squad.

He has just scored a first half hat trick for them so think he back in favour for now.

• Like 1

Not sure what everyone else thinks but this sounds like total BS to me and contradicts everything that has been spouted before.

And to add. Whilst reading all this drivel I was cringing and a little bit sick in the mouth at all the ass kissing that was going on!!

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18100540.jonathan-woodgate-i-dont-sell-able-buy-january/

21 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

I think you have to let the players contract run out to offer them a lower wage and we can’t match there current contract now because we don’t know what league we will be in.

1 hour ago, northern boro said:

Boro considering a loan move for Ben Gibson in Jan according to the Sunday Mirror

Fair few outgoings in that case if we're going to afford his wages.

Probably means Ayala's on his way out. Gibson will love Fry and his nephew, two local lads at CB though.

6 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Definitely interested... still wonder where the cash is coming from

Apparently it’s there and we don’t need to sell to buy.... Gibson must have got 3 numbers on last nights lottery.