• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Roberts plays on the right and cuts in on his left, and Jones plays on the left and cuts in on his right. 

Should be good additions to the team and would improve us 🤞

Which would allow Jed and Hayden to push on at times on the outside. 4231 will become our formation I feel. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

It's about time we got some decent loanees in. Strengthen the squad without busting the bank. Who's the last decent loan we got in?

Got to be Gaston surely? Can’t remember anyone after that, pretty depressing really!

4 minutes ago, EstonSmog said:

Got to be Gaston surely? Can’t remember anyone after that, pretty depressing really!

His attitude stunk but he was unbelievable in that championship season. He was a genuine no.10. Not had one since the little fella.

Also not everyone's cup of tea but i actually liked Negredo when he signed on loan. I thought he had exceptional technical ability. It was just a shame our tactics that season were solely focused on preventing opposition scoring as opposed to how we could hurt them. It meant when the ball went up to him and he bought it down the closest people to him were the fans who were in the stands.

8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

His attitude stunk but he was unbelievable in that championship season. He was a genuine no.10. Not had one since the little fella.

Also not everyone's cup of tea but i actually liked Negredo when he signed on loan. I thought he had exceptional technical ability. It was just a shame our tactics that season were solely focused on preventing opposition scoring as opposed to how we could hurt them. It meant when the ball went up to him and he bought it down the closest people to him were the fans who were in the stands.

As a loan player Gaston done it for us, it soon went the way the Southampton fans warned us about the next season though. 

I forgot Negredo was on loan, he had a tough ask in an ultra negative side. He done all he could for us in my eyes, couldn’t really fault him for his efforts. It was interesting hearing folk around me call him lazy, I thought he was anything but!

Jordan Jones I rate if we get him in I think he'd be dynamic and you can see us potentially keeping him long term, Roberts is a guy I'm not sold on personally even for 6 months. I'm not convinced you target Jones + Roberts if you're planning to keep Britt they'll need a taller guy to play off like Fletcher or Cosgrove.

It all sounds good to me though we're trying to evolve our starting XI and setup rather than just filling squad spots something Pulis did too much in my opinion.

8 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

I can only speculate but I would imagine Ayala is on around £20k per week. I just can't see us offering players that level of salary when the product as a whole on the pitch has not really warranted it. For the club to be sustainable we have to set a realistic cap on what we offer players. That will probably mean the likes of Ayala and Howson being offered possibly half of their current wage and add promotion bonus. 

Ayala is on 15k, we've offered him 5k

Howson is on even less so you can imagine what we've offered him.

We're not going above 10k on new contracts.

13 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Can’t blame Ayala and howson turning that down. They could easily get double if not triple that at another club

9 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Not so sure about that, we pay beyond the average in the championship. It's no coincidence we still have one of the highest wage bills

Ayala was linked with Leeds wasn’t he? I bet they would pay a fair bit. Not quite sure where howson would go

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If that's true it's an insult to Ayala and I wouldn't blame him if he told us where to go.