• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Well; possibly. They might see it as a good chance to pick him up cheaper than they expected and try and get last seasons form out of him!

Yeah but I don't think we'd sell him cheaply.  I doubt anything would have changed between the summer and now from our point of view.  I thought it was a fairly low amount that was rumoured in the summer anyway?  Like a few million or something along those lines?  Unless that was Tavernier to Barnsley or wherever he was linked.

• Confused 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

Yeah but I don't think we'd sell him cheaply.  I doubt anything would have changed between the summer and now from our point of view.  I thought it was a fairly low amount that was rumoured in the summer anyway?  Like a few million or something along those lines?  Unless that was Tavernier to Barnsley or wherever he was linked.

Tav was quoted at like 4 million I think

If we’re going to play 4-2-3-1 then it doesn’t suit box-to-box midfielders like McNair. I’d probably rather we kept Wing and Tavernier ahead of McNair as I think it’s only a matter of time until he is sold to a Premier League team.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Think someone in this thread mentioned they bid £3m for him in the summer.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Think someone in this thread mentioned they bid £3m for him in the summer.

Yeah that sounds like what I was thinking of mate.  I can't see us selling him more cheaply than that now?  I don't see the benefit of that at all.

2 minutes ago, p_mards said:

If we’re going to play 4-2-3-1 then it doesn’t suit box-to-box midfielders like McNair. I’d probably rather we kept Wing and Tavernier ahead of McNair as I think it’s only a matter of time until he is sold to a Premier League team.

But surely Wing/Tav would be the more advanced options? Neither is a traditional No. 10 in the Karanka fashion we know; it wouldn't be the same system. Only in numbers.

A central 3 of Howson, McNair and Wing/Tav would have a good balance I reckon. An anchoring/covering defensive mid (Howson/Clayton), a linking mid (McNair/Sav), and a more creative/threatening mid (Wing/Tav).

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, p_mards said:

I think it’ll be more of a 433 than a 4231. Said this yesterday, but I think we will use Liverpool as a template with inside forwards, full backs creating the width and energy in midfield. We already had the attacking full backs (Spence and Coulson) and the energy in midfield (McNair, Howson, Clayton, Saville, Wing, Tav) before the window. We just needed to add the inside forwards. We’ve added one today. Add Clarke and we will have the other. 

10 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

sheff uts halve a decent squad but they are missing a striker. it must be britt surely. 

They should be after Fletcher or Gestede in that case then as they are both better than Assombalonga.

Said this re: Fry, Wood and probably Tav in the summer but with our young players, we surely get little positivity out of selling them if not for pretty decent fees in the £6m+ range. They're not the ones eating up our wages after all. I suspect we'd rather sell Britt for £5m than Tav for £7m in the grand scheme of things.

Do Sheff Utd not play 3 at the back still? Could be Fry or Ayala as well tbh. 

I don't really think selling any of Mcnair/Tav or Wing would be a good idea. I don't think we'd get anywhere near their potential market value as they are all kinda just starting to show what they are capable of. 

48 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I know what you mean but he hasn't had much of a go at Norwich to be fair to him.  I can think of other reasons why it wouldn't have worked out for him at Girona.  

I think I said back in May/June last year that he'd struggle in the Prem when someone mentioned he was off to Norwich. Think there is a much bigger gap between the Prem and Celtic than most realise. Think if he and City had let him go to a Championship team straight after his Celtic loan, it would have done more for him, than his stints at Girona and Norwich.

Don't get me wrong I'm not outright saying that we shouldn't have signed him, just that in my opinion (at the moment) he is not a "Wow" player for me. But I sincerely hope that we can get him upto speed and get him in some good form.

34 minutes ago, boroie said:

Bamford also sank without a trace there I think after his first season with us? Sometimes players just don't click out on loan. 

Very true some players click like the aforementioned Bamford with us, and others don't.