• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

If Clarke comes in I don't really see where Johnson will play and his contract is up in the summer so best to just get him shifted and 6 months of wages off the books plus a small transfer fee. Yet don't see how he will help Bournemouth stay up. 

The thing is he’s a good squad player, comfortable all over the pitch from right forward to left back. I’d rather have him available than Bola.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

No mention of Assombalonga whatsoever in Woodgate's press conference, injury or otherwise.

Sounds like he expects Randolph to leave though.

I think if he was close to leaving we’d have heard about it by now. The money involved alone would have the whispers going.

5 minutes ago, BoroYorkie said:

no mention of Britt injury in press conference and not in photo at training  (assuming this was taken today as new lads are in it)spacer.png

It's ok, he's probably the one taking the photo 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Howson and Ayala will be the best signings this season 🤞

Not sure I agree.  Ayala I can see but not Howson really although as with everything it depends upon the contract details I suppose.  Looking at some of our business so far, we're obviously doing a lot of talking with specific agents/agencies and Howson is with one of them so it wouldn't surprise me to see something get done.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not sure I agree.  Ayala I can see but not Howson really although as with everything it depends upon the contract details I suppose.  Looking at some of our business so far, we're obviously doing a lot of talking with specific agents/agencies and Howson is with one of them so it wouldn't surprise me to see something get done.

Youth and top 6 loans are great - but need some experienced heads too. Both seem like leaders on and off the pitch. Ayala must be our longest serving player? Even survived the Spanish purge, so he must be popular!

2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Youth and top 6 loans are great - but need some experienced heads too. Both seem like leaders on and off the pitch. Ayala must be our longest serving player? Even survived the Spanish purge, so he must be popular!

Yeah, I do get that.  But in Howson's case I think it would be a mistake to allocate more money to him rather than sign an actual defender.  I don't think Howson is a particularly good defender as it is, but even given my opinion, I'd be surprised if anyone else would be all that happy with him in a central defensive pairing rather than a three?  So straight away he limits what we can do.  He can obviously play as a right back however so there's that but I'd like to think that we're already looking beyond him in that role now with the emergence of Spence and the signing of Dijksteel.  Ayala makes sense assuming we and he can make the figures work but I'm less sure about Howson.

I hope we also tie down Ayala and Howson. Their leadership and professionalism will guide the young players and rub off on them. 

Sometimes a players worth is more than what they do on the pitch. Rarely mind, but for these two, I think its valid. 

It's great to see us do our business early, and the type of targets we are looking at. 

Whod have thought wed have this much of a turn around a month ago!

It almost feels pretty good to be a Boro fan again!

Howson’s contract along with Ayala’s is a must for me. Ayala’s a leader and been one of the best defenders in this league for the past decade. Howson is versatile and puts in a shift no matter where you play him. We’ve used him all over and if anything he’s looked better every time we move him into a different position. 

I’d have him in CB over a lot of defenders in this league for sure. 

• Like 1