oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

11 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

We have said we will pay all the wages with no loan fee depending on Randolph going that's what I was told, but we are long long way off on that one.

Clarke was very close to been done but we just need to sort out some details like loan length - he was and is our number 1 target and Woody absolutely loves him as much as Jonny Howson. 

Cheers Diggerlad 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

You would think Gibbo would try to have a word with Burnley because I can’t imagine he’d have any interest in going to Germany instead of his hometown club 

You'd think that but plenty of other factors to take into consideration. Like getting the chance to play abroad. Also if he plays alot of games and performs he could get a England call up. We're he would have no chance playing in the championship 

On 1/4/2020 at 8:03 PM, Changing Times said:

The accounts don't seem to show that, at least from what I can see?  Certainly the set we can see from the end of Jun 2018 anyway.  The set we can't see from the end of Jun 2019 must include the sales of Traore, Gibson and Bamford, Fabio and Barragan.  Even factoring in amortisation, Gibson's fee counts as pure profit of £15m doesn't it?  Traore's must be something close to £17m profit and Bamford will be at least few million as well, possibly as much as £6m?  We still had the TV revenue in that season and our only player coming in was Saville, which would see £7m spread out over 4 years or whatever.  Obviously we still had the existing players amortisation to include, which I reckon would be around £14m perhaps?  Assombalonga, Braithwaite, Fletcher, Downing, Gestede, Howson, McNair, Randolph, Flint, Johnson, Shotton. 

This is all back of a fag packet stuff like I appreciate that.  I can see that this season could be an issue in isolation as we'll still have some of that amortisation to include, minus Braithwaite, Flint and Downing, but across those three seasons I'd be surprised if we accumulated losses for FFP above £39m?  Maybe there is a concern that future periods will be screwed up by this season if this season is indeed the problem rather than previous seasons?  To put it into context though, selling say Randolph doesn't effect FFP a great deal really.  It would be a couple million at most difference, which doesn't seem like enough if there are major FFP issues.  Even selling Assombalonga wouldn't make that much difference if it's FFP we're struggling with rather than cash flow etc.

Or is this analysis complete rubbish? 🤓🙂

I've had a proper look into things, and I don't think you are a million miles away. There are a few points in regards to amortisation that are slightly off, but not by much mate! (Sorry if that comes across as patronising, it really isn't intended to be).

You are spot on about the Gibson transfer though as £15 Million is pure profit, as we have no amortisation to consider with him. Due to coming through the academy. (At least that is my understanding of how FFP see it).

After having another look, I think it is this season that is a major issue for us in regards to FFP, rather than the previous 2. I think we could be in line to make a major loss this season. But going forwards we should be in a much better, more self sufficient position. I can PM you a more detailed response if you like? I do appreciate spouting figures is not everyone's cup of tea on the forum.

12 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

You'd think that but plenty of other factors to take into consideration. Like getting the chance to play abroad. Also if he plays alot of games and performs he could get a England call up. We're he would have no chance playing in the championship 

The attraction of playing abroad for a few months in a top league is definitley appealing.

But Ben Gibson could have an amazing three and half months in Germany and even then his chances of going to Euro 2020 are about as good as mine. There are literally about 10 defenders that i can think off just from the top of my head that are ahead of him for the 4 CB spots in the Squad.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Trying to find out what the issue is between Boro and Burnley... Gibbo being offered abroad for a lot less apparently... that said I'm only relaying what I  told if true of course 

Coz we wouldn't let them have Dael for £3.50 and a curly wurly

Trying to find out what the issue is between Boro and Burnley... Gibbo being offered abroad for a lot less apparently... that said I'm only relaying what I  told if true of course 

Perhaps the 'issue' is that they gave us £15m for him, he's hardly played for them, he'd be coming back here and it's a bad look for them, so they would prefer us to pay more than other clubs? 

• Like 1

Just to add that Randolph has waivered and remaining contract or loyalty payments from boro from his transfer... perhaps some footballers do care

Even though he doesn't want to leave 🤨 

His Mam and Dad have had your life, Blanco 🤭 

54 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Woodgate met with him before the West Brom match. Made a big effort to get him since as well. 

Should be done in the next couple of days.

Any idea of how long we would take him for? Seems a lot of effort for 6 months, but makes sense if we re-loaned him again for next season.

30 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I've had a proper look into things, and I don't think you are a million miles away. There are a few points in regards to amortisation that are slightly off, but not by much mate! (Sorry if that comes across as patronising, it really isn't intended to be).

You are spot on about the Gibson transfer though as £15 Million is pure profit, as we have no amortisation to consider with him. Due to coming through the academy. (At least that is my understanding of how FFP see it).

After having another look, I think it is this season that is a major issue for us in regards to FFP, rather than the previous 2. I think we could be in line to make a major loss this season. But going forwards we should be in a much better, more self sufficient position. I can PM you a more detailed response if you like? I do appreciate spouting figures is not everyone's cup of tea on the forum.

You don't need to do that, mate, but thanks.  I think a loss this season is likely but my point was that it will be a real loss not just an FFP one and for it to be only a significant issue for FFP seemed odd to me.

• Like 1