• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mfcdanny said:

It was Ben Gibsons nannas party at Rockcliffe Hall. That's why his car was there 

I'm glad i didn't have to burst peoples bubble! But yeah unfortunately he was at a family do.

Lets hope his nana made her wish for Gibbo to rejoin the boro when she blew out her candles

6 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think that's how it works, mate.  FFP is a continual assessment over a three year period, not an assessment every three years. 

I don't think that's how the transfer fees are accounted for either.  The summer transfer splurge isn't one big amount.  Each transfer fee is spread out over the length of contract for FFP purposes.  In terms of Christie and Braithwaite, because they've already left the club then they already show as a final profit/loss figure.   The players who are still here however will continue to be part of the assessment.  So for example, Howson signed for £5m and on a four year deal therefore he will still have a book value here, the same goes for Assombalonga, Fletcher, Shotton etc. 

In terms of Randolph, not having to pay the £1.2m left is actually a bad thing for us, if I'm understanding this correctly.  If we'd made West Ham pay us £5.2m, instead of £4m, and agreed to pay them the difference as previously agreed, then we'd have a larger profit for FFP purposes as the value in our accounts would show as £5.2m minus the book value rather than £4m minus the book value.  I don't know which book value is correct for Randolph, the last set of full accounts where he will show as £2.5m or the end of the current year where he will show as £1.25m.  £5.2m minus either of those figures is better than £4m minus them.  The fact that we don't have to pay West Ham the extra £1.2m doesn't change the value that Randolph shows on our accounts as that will still be based on the transfer fee we agreed in the first place.  Someone will have to check me on that though as that's just how I figured it works.

Obviously wages show as you'd expect them to show though.

Selling Randolph and playing Pears should indeed save us a few million quid but we can say the same about a lot of players and I doubt people are going to be quite so positive about making those changes - let's sell Ayala and play Wood.  Let's sell Howson and play Spence.  Let's sell Fletcher and play Walker.  Let's sell Assombalonga and play, well, anyone 😉 The primary issue shouldn't be about saving money, it should be about getting the best team on the field.  Hopefully selling Randolph can help us do that, allowing us to use resources elsewhere but we'll see.  

Who's to say it hasnt been put down in the books as them paying us 5.2m and us paying them the 1.2m straight back? I imagine if that is better for FFP then we will have tried to negotiate it this way?

Just because that's not how it is coming out in the press doesnt mean the numbers people behind the scenes haven't organised it that way

8 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Randolph deal is essentially 4 m earnings and 4 m savings on costs over 18 months 

Or you could say he’s cost us 9m to loan him for 2.5 years.

10 hours ago, Ayresome365 said:

It’s almost as though they can control the market by releasing stories! 

You do realise Sky don't own SkyBet don't you? Sky Sports might make up *** to get clicks and post any old transfer rumour but I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with them trying to get people to bet on transfer stories.

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

You do realise Sky don't own SkyBet don't you? Sky Sports might make up *** to get clicks and post any old transfer rumour but I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with them trying to get people to bet on transfer stories.

They did, but they sold 80% of it to a Canadian firm. I’m pretty sure that they still retain a 20% share. 

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

They did, but they sold 80% of it to a Canadian firm. I’m pretty sure that they still retain a 20% share. 

They don't own any of it anymore.

14 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Not that it matters, Heaton played 116 prem games, randolph 111. Not to mention Randolph has 42 international caps to heatons 3. In addition the 4 + 1.2mil is purely speculation and what itkers have heard, doesnt make it so. Graeme bailey had said he has heard its 4mil in total.

Randolph has played 29 games in the prem, not 111. He has not played a full prem season, with his most appearances a 22 game spell before Adrian returned to the side.

The 111 is SPL appearances

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Randolph has played 29 games in the prem, not 111. He has not played a full prem season, with his most appearances a 22 game spell before Adrian returned to the side.

The 111 is SPL appearances

Yeah I thought that sounded a bit off. Nevertheless he was brilliant for us and well worth the money we paid. Has a Championship keeper ever gone for more than roughly 5 million?

6 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yeah I thought that sounded a bit off. Nevertheless he was brilliant for us and well worth the money we paid. Has a Championship keeper ever gone for more than roughly 5 million?

I mean even Jack Butland  only moved to Stoke for £3.5 million and at the time he was future England keeper