oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

10 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

I don't think he would get his game for a decent attacking team. His all round play isn't good enough 

He will only get 20 in a team with 2 wingers and a target man alongside him..that would be defensive suicide.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Clarke deal is still tied up due to a few loose ends but there was more talks after the match at the weekend. Jose has apparently been impressed with our performance but wants certain assurances that Clarke will play. Apparently whoever signs up will have to pay a penalty fee for whenever he's fit and misses a game - I'm sure Liverpool do something similar. 

Hopefully we'll leave it then.  That's not the type of deal I want us doing.

2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Do you need all round play to be a confidence poacher? He could certainly get goals in the right side but I don't think that's us

Sorry, are you talking about Britt here? He misses more sitters than he scores mate, facts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Do you need all round play to be a confidence poacher? He could certainly get goals in the right side but I don't think that's us

You can't just pick what side you are gonna get goals in. If he put away half the chances he gets he would get over 25 a season. And yes you do need to be able to do simple stuff. What use is having a striker that can only "poach" 

It's like playing with 10 men if you are under the cosh. And most teams play with one striker. Therefore he needs to link up well with others. Which he dosnt because he hasn't got a 1st touch 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I've never heard of a confidence poacher before. I might see if I can get a start somewhere. Sounds like a nice role for 20k plus a week 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Maccarone said:

Great information Digger thanks. 

Any other outs or ins do you think or have heard? 

All I knew of was Randolph and Shotton unfortunately but I will ask the question again on Thursday.

I heard a while back that Woodgate really really likes Toney but we have baulked at Peterborough's asking price - Unsure if that changes if Britt leaves.

I think we have looked a better side without Britt in it but I wouldn't entertain anything less than 7million for him.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Randolph hasn't been injured and has been training since beginning of December - I posted but people laughed at the suggestion that Randolph would do such a thing.

So, is Randolf refusing to play in order to force through a move (which would contradict what other posters who receive reliable information have said), or is the club refusing to let him play in order to force him out? (Obviously I'm aware your info comes from a former team member in a certain position, and that may influence what Randolf has said to the person).

Britt has scored twenty League goals once in his career (so has Rudy).....I think that the line that he would score if he was in a "better" team is stretching it a bit, he would be in a better team if somebody thought he was worth it, but to me if it's a choice between keeping Britt and offering better deals to Howson and Ayala, then most of us would go with the latter....but hope whatever happens is best for all parties

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, White Band said:

So, is Randolf refusing to play in order to force through a move (which would contradict what other posters who receive reliable information have said), or is the club refusing to let him play in order to force him out? (Obviously I'm aware your info comes from a former team member in a certain position, and that may influence what Randolf has said to the person).

He's been the true professional from what I heard and has been nothing but supportive to the club and pears but the club has stopped him playing to risk further injury.

Apparently, the club were very upset with him choosing to play for Ireland when he had been injured for us in a crucial period. There was a massive uproar including Woodgate, Keane and Randolph and investigation had followed by Gibson who sanctioned this move. All parties move amicably and on good terms from what I know

Ps yes I do get information from a certain ex player, but also a member of the backroom staff also plays in the same game at times.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Who would people buy to replace Britt if we think £7m is the ball park figure we would be happy to accept for him? 1 in better than 3 games ratio isn't the worst. Fletcher is 1 in 6 currently...

Someone who can avoid the temptation to attempt to dribble every time he gets the ball and constantly lose possession in the process would do nicely. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@exWHUemployee
So as I said on the podcast that is out tonight it looks like the medical has came back with some concerns about the injury he has! They are going to have to explore this further tomorrow

re Randolph. That account seemed to be first to a lot of things re West Ham 

4 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Who would people buy to replace Britt if we think £7m is the ball park figure we would be happy to accept for him? 1 in better than 3 games ratio isn't the worst. Fletcher is 1 in 6 currently...

Fletcher has mostly played as a winger and has a large number of substitute appearances. I think he has 4 goals and 3 assists in 12 games as a CF this season. He would probably score around the same as Britt over a season at CF because he would go through some quiet spells. But at least he would create for others and hold the ball up in those games.  

Who should we buy, not sure, but we need someone that can play as a lone CF, hold the ball up and is mobile.

• Like 2