oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

He's been the true professional from what I heard and has been nothing but supportive to the club and pears but the club has stopped him playing to risk further injury.

Apparently, the club were very upset with him choosing to play for Ireland when he had been injured for us in a crucial period. There was a massive uproar including Woodgate, Keane and Randolph and investigation had followed by Gibson who sanctioned this move. All parties move amicably and on good terms from what I know

Makes you wonder if Randolph would be staying if he hadn't pulled that "can't play for Boro but can play for Ireland" stunt. I do remember hearing there was a huge argument about it at the time. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

He's been the true professional from what I heard and has been nothing but supportive to the club and pears but the club has stopped him playing to risk further injury.

Apparently, the club were very upset with him choosing to play for Ireland when he had been injured for us in a crucial period. There was a massive uproar including Woodgate, Keane and Randolph and investigation had followed by Gibson who sanctioned this move. All parties move amicably and on good terms from what I know

Thanks. That fits with what I had understood from the others. It had sounded for a minute like you were saying Randolf had been the problem and refusing to play, and that was what I was questioning. Your clarification fits with with others.

3 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Someone who can avoid the temptation to attempt to dribble every time he gets the ball and constantly lose possession in the process would do nicely. 

Think me and you are on the same wave length when it comes to britt 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, jamesp said:

@exWHUemployee
So as I said on the podcast that is out tonight it looks like the medical has came back with some concerns about the injury he has! They are going to have to explore this further tomorrow

re Randolph. That account seemed to be first to a lot of things re West Ham 

Uhoh; and here I thought he'd told Mick Mcarthy he was fit! tsk tsk.

3 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Makes you wonder if Randolph would be staying if he hadn't pulled that "can't play for Boro but can play for Ireland" stunt. I do remember hearing there was a huge argument about it at the time. 

Keane and Woody came to blows and apparently Keane was close to walking away but after a few days away the situation seemed to calm down.

25 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

I don't think he reads this, so I don't think he will feel 'worth absolutely nothing' due to my comments. Why say 15 odd goals a season, it's not, it's 14-15, which is pretty average, usually not one of the top ten scorers and he scored less than half the goals of last seasons top scorer haha

His goals are largely within 8 yards, watch a video and you will see, and strikers should certainly be finishing from that area.  His goals are largely against the bottom 8 teams, the stats prove it. 71% of his goals are against the bottom 10 teams, Bamford as a comparison scores only 42% against the bottom 10 teams (stats prior to this season). 

On a par with Lita, he's certainly some ballpark, maybe slightly better, but they have similar pros and cons

image.png.545da30ed466571d026cc7b049cb343b.png

Who's comparing Britt to Bamford? That's hardly even a competition, in my eyes. Bamford's the best striker we've had in the Championship since 2009 and Britt certainly wouldn't come 2nd. I can't believe that we let one go for two thirds of the fee we paid for the other. But once again, that is not a justification for making him sound like a two-bit striker. He is what he is, he scores goals consistently, wherever he scores from, whoever he scores them against. You can't count on any striker to do that and that is ultimately what you make it sound like.

The bolded bit just makes you sound like a bit of a ***, to be honest mate.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Think me and you are on the same wave length when it comes to britt 😂

😂 I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a good while, and he does have the odd game where I think ‘you know what, there’s a player in there.’ 

But honestly, he refuses to accept that he’s not a pace demon or a trickster. He’s always trying to play like he’s Adama Traore, when what he should be doing is concentrating on his first touch and keeping it simple/linking play. 

And don’t get me started on his alleged ‘deadly’ finishing prowess  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

It's not even Randolph he is on about its that Gedson Fernandez 

The original tweet he replies to is about Fernandes, yes, but his two tweets are:

He talks about Randolph waiting for his medical results, and then questions about a medical throwing up issues. If he's not talking about Randolph he's phrased that HORRIBLY.

• Like 1
Just now, nunthorpered said:

Half, if that

Surely with all these higher earners going we are getting closer to being self sufficient, and as such, allowed more than half of the incoming to spend?

2 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

Surely with all these higher earners going we are getting closer to being self sufficient, and as such, allowed more than half of the incoming to spend?

FFP is the issue still. Contracts haven't expired yet. 

3 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

😂 I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a good while, and he does have the odd game where I think ‘you know what, there’s a player in there.’ 

But honestly, he refuses to accept that he’s not a pace demon or a trickster. He’s always trying to play like he’s Adama Traore, when what he should be doing is concentrating on his first touch and keeping it simple/linking play. 

And don’t get me started on his alleged ‘deadly’ finishing prowess  

😂I know mate. I say the same. And when he does actually get the ball under control he tries to go past someone instead of finding a simple pass. And like you said his goalscoring record is bang average 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Who's comparing Britt to Bamford? That's hardly even a competition, in my eyes. Bamford's the best striker we've had in the Championship since 2009 and Britt certainly wouldn't come 2nd. I can't believe that we let one go for two thirds of the fee we paid for the other. But once again, that is not a justification for making him sound like a two-bit striker. He is what he is, he scores goals consistently, wherever he scores from, whoever he scores them against. You can't count on any striker to do that and that is ultimately what you make it sound like.

The bolded bit just makes you sound like a bit of a ***, to be honest mate.

A) I put Patrick up as an example of a top championship striker, and one that has actually played for some of his time with the same players and managers as Britt. 

B) Agree that we shouldn't have let Pat go for that fee, we should have sold Britt

C) 'two bit striker', I rate him as the right kind of #9 for a team content with 10-16th place, you call that two bit, I call it steady lower half striker, who will score against your relegation rivals, but will do nothing against the decent teams.

D) Who he scores against and where he scores them from is quite important, unless you just want a cursory analysis of a player

E) The bold but, is because you have consistently over egged his goal scoring exploits, he scores 14-15, there is no reason to add the 15 odd, the fact you did shows an intellectual dishonesty, you know his record, I've repeatedly shown it. The idea that he scores 15 and then some is purely speculation of an alleged potential to reach figures that he never has

F) The fact that you have to throw schoolyard insults, just shows a lack of maturity and lack of ability to support your claims of his abilities

• Like 1