oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

39 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

18mths left on contract... chance of the premier league... if the rumoured near 10mil is offered plus his large wages off the budget... all makes sense... dont think we will challenge the playoffs this year, get us on a good footing... see what becomes available over the summer and go again. 

Think we’ve got a real chance with the form we’re in and the quite unbelievable inconsistency of everyone below Leeds and West Brom, a long way to go still...

• Confused 1
  • Wow 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

So shocked to see and hear all the negative critisms of Britt considering he's been our top goal scorer last few seasons. Yes he came with a high price tag and salary but that's the clubs fault and not his for paying it. When the chairman goes on radio and says we have funds to smash the league he was always going to be placed over a barallel. Wasn't very intelligent in my opinion

The thing about Britt is he has consistently shown no matter where he players he will score goals, even in a tp team. Yes he can contribute more.

But I ask boro fans to think of this. If Fletcher goes out injured. Do you feel comfortable with our current squad to end season. I don't. With the exception of Ruddy (who is made of glass). We've got kids that even at lower leagues haven't exactly set the league on 🔥.

If we take him out and replace and strengthen area e.g. Billy Sharpe then sure

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Think we’ve got a real chance with the form we’re in and the quite unbelievable inconsistency of everyone below Leeds and West Brom, a long way to go still...

Think it's primarily that that gives quite a lot of teams a chance of the play-offs, this year.

7 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Just think due to youthful nature of first team I expect those players to dip in form etc and not keep the level of performance that they are currently showing... who knows maybe wrong

6 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Linked with Myles Hippolyte in The Sun today along with Millwall/Birmingham we've apparently watched him in-person in recent weeks. Apparently a backup option for us/Millwall if we miss out on Clarke.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/08/report-middlesbrough-and-birmingham-have-checked-on-myles-hippol/

We seem to be liked with a few from Scotland , this guy (played in scotland), Fodrington, Cosgrove, Dykes.  Wonder if any of them happen

12 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Jordan Jones could be plan b to Clarke?

@Lurker @Smoggydownsouth is the club still interested in the European Market? 

I'm not aware of us scouring European Market and the links so far would say certainly not for this window..  summer window is something completely different however.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I'm not aware of us scouring European Market and the links so far would say certainly not for this window..  summer window is something completely different however.

Yeh I guess more time to have a look and easier deals.  What is going on with Randolph, if this medical check goes wrong is the deal off? Oh and are we still looking at Clarke Harris? 

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-bolton-make-move-to-sign-middlesbrough-defender/

Bolton making a move for Bola, not sure sending him to a rock bottom League 1 team is the best idea myself he's not been that bad you'd think he could get in a top 10 League 1 team. Sending him to a team getting slapped every week isn't doing anything for him hopefully we reject Bolton I can't think of a worse option for Bola to be honest.

10 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-bolton-make-move-to-sign-middlesbrough-defender/

Bolton making a move for Bola, not sure sending him to a rock bottom League 1 team is the best idea myself he's not been that bad you'd think he could get in a top 10 League 1 team. Sending him to a team getting slapped every week isn't doing anything for him hopefully we reject Bolton I can't think of a worse option for Bola to be honest.

Bolton are recovering at the moment and atleast he'll be playing every week

• Like 1