oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

im not annoyed about the sale of radolph and i think we got a reasonably good deal allthings said, what i do have an issue with is that we contrived to put ourselves in the position financially to have to do so.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Selling Randolph is a good and sensible move from the club, I think selling Britt would be aswell. Britts problem is he is pretty poor as a lone striker, all teams play with a lone striker. He is at his best when he doesn’t have to get involved in link up play and it’s rare for a striker to get that luxury.

Britt is the classic late developer who came up from the lower leagues footballer. In most cases with these players you find they have one skill which got them to a certain level, on the other hand they often lack in technique and intricacies and don’t have much depth to their game.

• Like 3

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/08/injury-puts-west-hams-4m-move-for-goalkeeper-darren-randolph-on-hold

Sounds like there's a will on all sides to get it done but sounding like there was no fake injury nor is he fully fit and ready as Randolph supposedly told Mick McCarthy.

Also the Jack Clarke spin today in The Sun (paper only) is Tottenham want him settled in London over the next 6 months so are pushing QPR/Fulham/Brentford on him whilst the player himself has told them he wants to head back up North to spend a final few months with friends and family before a summer uproot.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/spurs-jack-clarke-transfer-disagreement-21237244

Edited by Jamie-H
3 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

He does other stuff, it's a fallacy that Britt is lazy

My 50 cents on Britt Assombalonga:

No he is maybe not lazy. But he is not using his "energy" wise...

He has a very ugly shooting technique, where he just shoot hard and straight and cross his fingers. This might have something to do with his feet always pointing to each side (penguin walk) I have seen "one" good goal (that I can remember) curling a great ball in the corner from outside the box. Oh and he is good at heading the ball, that much I'll give him. i'm sure he is a nice bloke too, who might be popular in the dressing room.

He get's his goals and some have been very helpful on his good days. But .. he never have any assists. Playing with Britt gets him his ok share of goals, but it will keep the rest of the team from scoring their fair share, cause Britt is selfish and loses the ball a lot or miss. 

He used to be really fast, which he isn't anymore. 

Therefore everything above 6m £ is a scoop for us, I think. 

I don't hate Britt .. not at all .. I respect what he has done and his effort. I just don't think he will ever fit into a Boro team. He scores goals (poacher goals) but he limits the team and in the long run it's better that you have 5 players who will get 3-10 goals each (attackers, attacking midfielders) than 1 guy who gets 15 goals and the rest of the offensive players only get 1-2 goals each for a season.

All this is clearly only my personal views, and I therefore hope we will sell Britt, cause I think the team will be more homogeneous without him.

• Like 3

End of the day its a tricky one. We would have to replace Britt during January which is a horrible transfer window to get good deals done but we would get more money now for him than during the summer. If he stays he will help us climb the table and score some vital goals but even I think we haven't missed him. I bet we will only get 6m at most in the summer with a year on his deal left. So if the club get an offer are they gonna take it hmmm. 

Edited by Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, chickenlunch said:

just sell him and move on. We paid too much and are paying him too much, simple as that

Thanks for your input Tony x

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/08/injury-puts-west-hams-4m-move-for-goalkeeper-darren-randolph-on-hold

Sounds like there's a will on all sides to get it done but sounding like there was no fake injury nor is he fully fit and ready as Randolph supposedly told Mick McCarthy.

Also the Jack Clarke spin today in The Sun (paper only) is Tottenham want him settled in London over the next 6 months so are pushing QPR/Fulham/Brentford on him whilst the player himself has told them he wants to head back up North to spend a final few months with friends and family before a summer uproot.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/spurs-jack-clarke-transfer-disagreement-21237244

12M for Joe Allen!?!?!? *** be the worlds gone mad. Changed my mind, Britt’s worth 15M! 

8 hours ago, Lurker said:

Averages a goal every 210 minutes in the league for us. Career is a goal every 181 minutes.

He's not been awful for us and the cost of some forwards it should be closer to £10m

How much do you rate Gested then, his championship goals per minutes is better than Britts

7 hours ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Ah, indeed he did. 

the other interesting thing about those stats though is since he’s been with us he is dragging his average goal per minute ratio down; which would indicate his stock is going down, not maintaining. 

The decline in his goals per minutes actually started at Forest when they had to replace the ligaments on his knee with part of his butt

9 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

How much do you rate Gested then, his championship goals per minutes is better than Britts

Don't mind him. Think he's got a purpose in this league if you're going to play to his strengths. Too injury prone though. 

11 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Those stats, especially looking at goals scored in the league where Britt's all are, really aren't that different with the exception of two standout years

hmmm, in the second tier he got 21 twice Britt has never got near that, he got 15 in the top tier, and his final two seasons, including when he fell out with Lennie he played left wing a considerable amount to allow Wilkinson and Payton to play up front. Second last season he was part of a 30 league goal strike force, again, something Britt has failed to do.

If you think Slavens goalscoring was similar to Britts then there is no hope

Edited by BoroMart
  • Like 1