oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

8 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

The decline in his goals per minutes actually started at Forest when they had to replace the ligaments on his knee with part of his butt

His best season was prior to joining us. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Did britt kill your dog boromart? You really seem intent on making sure everyone knows you dislike him..

He is not saying anything to hate on britt, as I see it. 

It's just simple facts, that he don't think he is a good footballer. I am aboard that ship too. Nothing personal, just opinions about lacking footballing skills. 

• Like 2

One of the main Villa accounts has tweeted that they are wanting Gestede back now too according to the Northern Echo 😂 Convinced it’s some sort of wind up at this stage

• Haha 2

It these WHU sources cited are to be believed the issue discovered in Randolph's thigh has led West Ham to investigate whether he requires surgery which would prompt them to renegotiate the deal in place with Middlesbrough or sign Asmir Begovic as the 2 outcomes depending on the severity of surgery required.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/west-ham-have-begovic-as-back-up-to-randolph/

1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

One of the main Villa accounts has tweeted that they are wanting Gestede back now too according to the Northern Echo 😂 Convinced it’s some sort of wind up at this stage

Apologies seems it was a fake account with a lot of likes, knew it was too good to be true 

• Sad 1
20 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Did britt kill your dog boromart? You really seem intent on making sure everyone knows you dislike him..

Nothing personal against him, I just want a successful team. He has been part of our goalscoring failure of the last 2 1/2 years. He might have done OK goals per minuet as an individual but it's a team game and as the figurehead of the attack he has to take the largest share of the blame for our scoring failures.

Edited by BoroMart

I get the feelings about Britt. He can be very marmite. When he flashes shots wide from 6 yards out and turns around with that huge embarrased grin you just wish the turf would swallow him up whole. But when he's on a run of form and scoring goals he is the hero! He can hold the ball up well but its his distribution front that point which is crap. He holds on to it for too long and often chooses the wrong pass, which kills the opportunity. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I get the feelings about Britt. He can be very marmite. When flashes shots wide from 6 yards out and turns around with that huge embarrased grin you just wish the turf would swallow him up whole. But when he's on a run of form and scoring goals he is the hero! He can hold the ball up well but its his distribution front that point which is crap. He holds on to it for too long and often chooses the wrong pass, which kills the opportunity. 

Be careful!
The AAGP (Anti-Anti-Grin-Police) might come and correct you and your opinion 😛 

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

hmmm, in the third tier he got 21 twice Britt has never got near that, he got 15 in the top tier, and his final two seasons, including when he fell out with Lennie he played left wing a considerable amount to allow Wilkinson and Payton to play up front. Second last season he was part of a 30 league goal strike force, again, something Britt has failed to do.

If you think Slavens goalscoring was similar to Britts then there is no hope

You cant blame Britt for not being part of a better team or strike force though, equally Britt got 14 in 28 games and Bernie's 21 came from 46 games. I bet their games per goals scored aren't miles apart

17 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

Nothing personal against him, I just want a successful team. He has been part of our goalscoring failure of the last 2 1/2 years. He might have done OK goals per minuet as an individual but it's a team game and as the figurehead of the attack he has to take the largest share of the blame for our scoring failures.

But the flip side of that is he was the only player scoring in a goal shy team

3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Exactly this! 

The team  turns goal shy, but Britt gets his fair share. 😉 

Without Britt in the system other players thrive. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

You cant blame Britt for not being part of a better team or strike force though, equally Britt got 14 in 28 games and Bernie's 21 came from 46 games. I bet their games per goals scored aren't miles apart

Of course you can blame Britt for not being part of a better strike force, he is the number 9, you can't slopey shoulder him out of his overall responsibility, to create, score and lead the line.

Putting Britt in the same category of goalscoring as Bernie, deary me

25 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Because he makes selfish runs, and hasn't really got an awareness of whats happening on the pitch away from him