oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

7 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I tried to point this out in the summer and got shot down on here for suggesting he was out of his depth. 

I don't remember this tbh, I was against the appointment from the beginning and said so from the day it was announced.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Oh my. So many aspects of the Bevington saga is horrible. 

1 - He was too inexperienced for that role.

2- He got that role

3- Didnt lose his role after *** recruitment and doing a bad job. 

4- Had to be excused from the role by himself rather than being removed. 

It also devalues what was said in the summer about the golden thread. It's just a load of *** to buy Woodgate time. 

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/adrianbevington

His linked in profile shows just how high up he was. Its staggering that he got that high up but a real damning glimpse of how little we know about football behind the scenes.

6 minutes ago, Will said:

I don't remember this tbh, I was against the appointment from the beginning and said so from the day it was announced.

I remember, because when he was appointed head of recruitment, I wrongly assumed that he was there to hire non-playing/coaching staff as he had no scouting experience whatsoever.

You put me right on that and we had a right old grumble. crazy times!

• Haha 1

That 'Tottenham want Spence' story is actually quite a tale, apparently Spence played with Mourinho's son at Fulham so Mourinho's known him for years. They say future signing so that probably means 2021 when his contracts up unless he renews but it's pretty wild hopefully Djed keeps his head straight.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-transfer-news-djed-spence-middlebrough-jose-mourinho-a4330116.html

16 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I remember, because when he was appointed head of recruitment, I wrongly assumed that he was there to hire non-playing/coaching staff as he had no scouting experience whatsoever.

You put me right on that and we had a right old grumble. crazy times!

I assumed he would be doing a kind of ambassador role, buttering up agents/contacts etc, didn’t occur to me what so ever that he’d be scouting ffs.

26 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Oh my. So many aspects of the Bevington saga is horrible. 

1 - He was too inexperienced for that role.

2- He got that role

3- Didnt lose his role after *** recruitment and doing a bad job. 

4- Had to be excused from the role by himself rather than being removed. 

It also devalues what was said in the summer about the golden thread. It's just a load of *** to buy Woodgate time. 

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/adrianbevington

His linked in profile shows just how high up he was. Its staggering that he got that high up but a real damning glimpse of how little we know about football behind the scenes.

What does his profile say it’s behind a paywall.

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

That 'Tottenham want Spence' story is actually quite a tale, apparently Spence played with Mourinho's son at Fulham so Mourinho's known him for years. They say future signing so that probably means 2021 when his contracts up unless he renews but it's pretty wild hopefully Djed keeps his head straight.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-transfer-news-djed-spence-middlebrough-jose-mourinho-a4330116.html

Spence should know that extending his contract here to a real squad contract instead of youth, should be his best option. If he shows enough we can't hold on to him anyway. He should also know that if he refuses to extend it could potentially harm his chances in the first team. He needs to take advantage of his current form and sign a contract and nail down a regular spot for the coming years. 9 games into his career he shouldn't be contemplating switching to a team that he isn't going to play in. He sounds like a level headed kid so opefully he can see sense in signing a new pro contract.

1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

I assumed he would be doing a kind of ambassador role, buttering up agents/contacts etc, didn’t occur to me what so ever that he’d be scouting ffs.

What does his profile say it’s behind a paywall.

Head of Recruitment Operations
Executive Management Team & Board
Responsible for defining long term football strategy and process of developing a culture and identity that runs through all MFC teams;
Exec Management of Scouting & Emerging talent process.
With CEO managing Player contracts offers with clubs and agents.
Management of MFC outward loans with Head of Academy & Loans Manager
Monitoring of players when on loan international duty.
Developing club relationships.
Closely working with CEO, First team management, Head of Academy; Medical & Sports Science.

48 minutes ago, Will said:

Yep, exactly.

Unfortunately I think a piece of information like that, if true, shows that Gibson has really lost touch in terms of the football side of things. He needs to take a step back from the footballing side of things and bring someone in who is experienced in these things to run it. Everyone still appreciates the money he puts in and what he has done for this club, but sadly I fear he is doing more harm than good by continuing to be involved in football decisions at the club.

Again going by just rumours we’ve got Kenyon back in behind the scenes so hopefully Gibson has took some kind of step back. 

Just hope we keep him around through the good times aswell this time.

It doesn't exactly say that he is the one filing scouting reports, but he is more of a top man in that department. That said he doesn't have the credentials to make any decision on a player more than we do.

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It doesn't exactly say that he is the one filing scouting reports, but he is more of a top man in that department. That said he doesn't have the credentials to make any decision on a player more than we do.

He won’t have physically scouted and assessed players no, but piecing together various inside info I’d go as far as saying he was deciding who to buy and sell. 

Based on the quote ‘bevington is leaving, woodgate Will now have final day on transfers’.