oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

6 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Do we have an Emerson situation on our hands?

I think he's suggesting he's stil hanging around down there to sort things our and not come back because of the problems with his medical as some have speculated which makes it look like everyone still expects the transfer to be completed. Not AWOL.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Reece Oxford is apparently ready to move to VVV Venlo in Holland despite moving to AUgsburg from West Ham in the summer. Has featured in 8 Bundesliga games. Can't help but think it's a player we could take a punt on. Only 21 and I can't imagine he'll be expensive. Maybe a loan with buy option in the summer. Already has 23 bundesliga matches in total and 8 Premier League games. But maybe he enjoys being on the continent.

13 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Reece Oxford is apparently ready to move to VVV Venlo in Holland despite moving to AUgsburg from West Ham in the summer. Has featured in 8 Bundesliga games. Can't help but think it's a player we could take a punt on. Only 21 and I can't imagine he'll be expensive. Maybe a loan with buy option in the summer. Already has 23 bundesliga matches in total and 8 Premier League games. But maybe he enjoys being on the continent.

Heard before that he had an attitude problem, could have been a London thing though.

1 hour ago, Foogle said:

I mean we bought 2 guys in for just over a million combined, we've at least not spunked a load of money up the wall on them and there's still the possibility their loans are successful, juries out on Dijksteel could turn out to be a good signing. We sold what £12-15m and bought in £4m worth of players the squad was never going to get better I think most realised that by the predictions of midtable. 

I think people expected midtable this year then push on next year when those 3 signings had come to terms with moving up to a more difficult level. In reality only on e of those 3 may make it and he looks like a pound shop Djed Spence at the moment, so might have to move to CDM

The past few weeks have erased the parity I guess but in the months before December there really wasn't much difference between Bola and Coulson in terms of being an effective LB. One ran down alleyways and Bola just looked nervous to run at all most of the time but when Bola got forward he has good technique something I haven't seen from Dijksteel yet. Jury's out on all 3 of them for differing reasons but I think they all do have something about them they just seem not ready for the level somehow, I don't think they're writeoffs like say a Damia was.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

But he's not Danish?

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

But he's not Danish?

😘

I actually don't only suggest Danish players. I often suggest players from the Danish league that I think can make the step up. As an example about a year ago I suggested we should buy Mustapha Bundu. A very raw right winger but with potential. Could probably have gotten him for less than 1 million. Fast forward a year and he is the gem of the Danish league with a huge 2019 under his belt. He's tearing up league like a cheap Adama Traore and is most of the time surrounded by 2-3 defenders. He could easily be a great asset in the Championship. I've also suggested we take a look at Aleksandr Jovanovic for goal as he'd be very cheap as Almeria want rid after getting relegated. He was previously one of the better keepers in the Danish league. I'm sorry for suggesting players outside of England. 

Mustapha Amini is another fan favourite. Out of contract in the summer. Brilliant central midfielder. 26 year old Aussie and he'd like to move to another league.

• Like 1
Just now, Borodane said:

😘

I actually don't only suggest Danish players. I often suggest players from the Danish league that I think can make the step up. As an example about a year ago I suggested we should buy Mustapha Bundu. A very raw right winger but with potential. Could probably have gotten him for less than 1 million. Fast forward a year and he is the gem of the Danish league with a huge 2019 under his belt. He's tearing up league like a cheap Adama Traore and is most of the time surrounded by 2-3 defenders. He could easily be a great asset in the Championship. I've also suggested we take a look at Aleksandr Jovanovic for goal as he'd be very cheap as Almeria want rid after getting relegated. He was previously one of the better keepers in the Danish league. I'm sorry for suggesting players outside of England. 

wind up dog GIF

• Haha 4

won't believe we are in an Emerson situation with Randolph until I see pictures of him on a beach in Sligo...but if it turns out like that it would be Offaly bad cos he has been a corker during his time here 

2 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I've had heard from a source that Villa had lodged a loan bid for Britt, all wages covered and £1.2m loan fee (no obligation to buy) safely say that we turned that down immediately.

Ad an obligation to buy for 8 million and we're talking.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Borodane said:
7 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I've had heard from a source that Villa had lodged a loan bid for Britt, all wages covered and £1.2m loan fee (no obligation to buy) safely say that we turned that down immediately.

Ad an obligation to buy for 8 million and we're talking.

Yep totally agree; I think if they add an obligation to buy of anything 8m upwards we'll snap their hands off. 

• Like 1