oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

It's not wrong to call out he's not comfortable there but it's also not wrong to call out how many times he's played the ball behind Coulson despite that. Also, playing on the left of the 3 doesn't mean he shouldn't be winning his headers, which is the other thing that's bugged me about him this season.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's not wrong to call out he's not comfortable there but it's also not wrong to call out how many times he's played the ball behind Coulson despite that. Also, playing on the left of the 3 doesn't mean he shouldn't be winning his headers, which is the other thing that's bugged me about him this season.

He's been at fault for alot of goals this season. I don't know what he was trying to do for there 1st yesterday 

28 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

Experienced pro, got three or four prem seasons in his locker and promoted a couple of times I think, bit short for a CB, he's like 5 10-5 11 IIRC. Never stopped Franco Baresi though.

My concern with this link is, 'Is he a replacement for Ayala?'

Good assessment of Chester. Dont imagine hes a replacement for Ayala. Fulfils a different role

7 minutes ago, Foogle said:

You'd think we'd have Fry playing through the centre of the 3 as our most natural CB and McNair on the left taking the ball into midfield?

I'd feel less comfortable if Fry was in the middle right now, to be honest. Middle one absolutely needs to be winning the headers and sweeping up properly. I can see why he puts McNair in the middle over Fry. Fry is capable of taking the ball into midfield even from the left, he's not done too bad on that front.

Just listened to Woodgates presser. Below are highlights if you can call it that

On Britt: Tried to train yesterday but still feeling his ankle so now won't travel to London.

On Randolph: He is at Rockcliffe. Woodgate said he undergoing longest medical in history. Not sure what's happening but lets see what next 48hrs bring.

On Transfers: Would like to bring "1 or 2" more in. Departure of Bevington wont affect plans

Charlton have bid for Maddison accepted.  

Peterborough owner Darragh MacAnthony has accepted a bid from Charlton Athletic for forward Marcus Maddison.

Charlton have been given permission to speak to the 26-year-old, who has 10 goals in 26 appearances this season.

MacAnthony says two other Championship clubs have made multiple bids for Maddison but “do not currently have permission to speak to the player.”

Wonder if were one of them

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Surely a player we should be looking at.

Not at 2.6 mil if that's what it takes. 1 mil at most for a League 1 player out of contract in 5 months.

27 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Why are people so sure Maddison will do any better in the championship than Jamal Lowe has done?

No one can be sure, but Maddisons league 1 numbers are incredibly impressive, even more than Jamal Lowes IMO. Contributes to a goal every 128 minutes, involved in 128 goals in 211 appearances (16,470 minutes). Averages at about 0.6 goals per game. Lowe is at about 193 minutes and 0.4 goals per game, for reference (39 in 89, 7,530 minutes).

You're right though that no one can be sure he won't Lowe it up, but there's an argument to be made for Maddison being the best player in league 1 for the last few seasons.

• Like 1