oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

I get what you are saying DZ and have empathy for your point but.... it is professional sport and results are sacrosanct. As it stands Randolph is a better keeper than Pears and therefore gets the shirt IMO

Goes against everything Woody has said about the young lads fighting for their opportunities and being rewarded, IMO.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Goes against everything Woody has said about the young lads fighting for their opportunities and being rewarded, IMO.

Fair enough point too DZ. I would play Randolph over Pears but that’s just my opinion. The fact that Randolph is from my home town has nothing to do with it..... honest 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Someone kept asking how 4mil wasnt market value for randolph... Cardiff turning down 7mil for the inferior Etheridge answers that question hopefully. 

I'll be delighted if he stayed! How many points was he worth last season? Has to have been at least 8 to 10 from his  consistent worldie saves, people seem to be forgetting this. 

• Like 3

I think if Randolph does stay and we bring in another centre back like Gibson we will of done well. A few months ago it seemed like we had a really poor squad with not many options. But looking at the names above and cover all over the pitch we should have a decent run in. 

Screenshot_20200113_184507_com.example.android.notepad.jpg

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Someone kept asking how 4mil wasnt market value for randolph... Cardiff turning down 7mil for the inferior Etheridge answers that question hopefully. 

I'll be delighted if he stayed! How many points was he worth last season? Has to have been at least 8 to 10 from his  consistent worldie saves, people seem to be forgetting this. 

I actually believe if he played against Derby on Saturday Boro would of won nothing against Pears just Randolph would of been better positioned to potentially stop them shots

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I actually believe if he played against Derby on Saturday Boro would of won nothing against Pears just Randolph would of been better positioned to potentially stop them shots

Watching back the second goal I definitely think randolph could have saved it. Randolph might have been able to tip the first over the bar too

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Did we drop Randolph or was he taken out because of injury. If its the latter then pears knows he is filling in at the minute. The transfer rumours may mean he thinks the spot may be his but he surely knows that he is playing because the guy he replaced isn't fit, not because he is better than the guy he replaced. Randolph is the best keeper in the league. He has to play if he stays 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Tudders80 said:

Did we drop Randolph or was he taken out because of injury. If its the latter then pears knows he is filling in at the minute. The transfer rumours may mean he thinks the spot may be his but he surely knows that he is playing because the guy he replaced isn't fit, not because he is better than the guy he replaced. Randolph is the best keeper in the league. He has to play if he stays 

Nobody knows for sure, all I know is that Randolph has been available to play for well over a month now, and hasn't.

52 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

There are massive differences, he's younger, has more prem experience and most importantly Cardiff don't need to sell, we do

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Nobody knows for sure, all I know is that Randolph has been available to play for well over a month now, and hasn't.

Hence the being forced out comments. 
Now he has failed a medical at another club are you sure he has been available for a month?