oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Because we have a far better far more experienced keeper who makes exceptional saves. Just because pears has done nothing wrong doesnt mean we should keep him in the team at the expense of someone who can actually win us points on his own.

Pears has won us points on his own, will be here past the summer and loves the club. He's our future #1 and I don't think we should be jeopardising that.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Fry was at fault on Saturday, and has been fairly poor for much of the season.

He's been getting blamed for things that aren't his fault at times though.  Friend was responsible for 2 goals in one of the only two games he's played this season and you want him in the side.  

3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Randolph never looked for a move. He’s quite happy where he is. The club are the ones doing all the pushing to get him off the books.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about, i'd stop trying to die on this hill if I were you.

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

You don't have a clue what you're talking about, i'd stop trying to die on this hill if I were you.

I absolutely do know 

22 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Nobody knows for sure, all I know is that Randolph has been available to play for well over a month now, and hasn't.

13 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Hence the being forced out comments. 
Now he has failed a medical at another club are you sure he has been available for a month?

6 minutes ago, Red Rocket said:

I think that's true but there is no denying he wants a move.

Just to clarify I'm not saying we shouldn't play Randolph, as he is the better keeper. I'm just saying it's harsh. 

This is where the club might have a problem.  If they've held him out of games to sell him and then we can't sell him they will have to come out and be honest about it otherwise some people are going to assume it was him not wanting to play or whatever.  It's one of the reasons I'm not convinced that the deal is dead yet because we might relent and give West Ham a better deal in some form - loan with agreed purchase perhaps. 

Randolph is a far better keeper than Pears and if he ends up staying here and we are paying him a fortune then he'd bloody better be back in the side.

I have absolutely nothing against Randolph, he is an outstanding keeper but we are on the verge of building in my opinion something special. 

We have a togetherness and collective spirit, I don't believe he should walk straightback into the team. 

• Confused 2
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Oh what because you talked to his mam and dad (supposedly?)

To be fair, you don't actually know anything either.  But yeah, Randolph's Mam and Dad proper did a number on Blanco like it has to be said 🤭

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

This is where the club might have a problem.  If they've held him out of games to sell him and then we can't sell him they will have to come out and be honest about it otherwise some people are going to assume it was him not wanting to play or whatever.  It's one of the reasons I'm not convinced that the deal is dead yet because we might relent and give West Ham a better deal in some form - loan with agreed purchase perhaps. 

Randolph is a far better keeper than Pears and if he ends up staying here and we are paying him a fortune then he'd bloody better be back in the side.

This is exactly what we've done but Randolph hasn't exactly been resistant to the move either.

Just now, Changing Times said:

To be fair, you don't actually know anything either.  But yeah, Randolph's Mam and Dad proper did a number on Blanco like it has to be said 🤭

It's true that I haven't spoken to Randolph or any of his family personally but I have been told by more than one person on this forum with close links to the club.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

This is exactly what we've done but Randolph hasn't exactly been resistant to the move either.

Theres a bloody massive difference between asking to leave and being okay with leaving after being shoved towards the door.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

I have absolutely nothing against Randolph, he is an outstanding keeper but we are on the verge of building in my opinion something special. 

We have a togetherness and collective spirit, I don't believe he should walk straightback into the team. 

We've played well in about three games.  Four if you count the Charlton game I suppose.  I think people are getting carried away considering we're 16th and that.  Let's see if we can continue this for another 10 games or so before we talk about building something special.

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I see you are determined to be right so I’ll leave you at it. You are the one who has this one wrong and I think you are out of order trying to make Randolph out to be some sort of a rebel. And I do know his parents quite well. My son was in the same class as Randolph’s younger brother Neil and still is in contact with him now. But you are right as always 🙄