oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We have to remember that he has no ties to the area.  The interviews I've seen with him would suggest he doesn't exactly feel at home here.  On top of that he could get a bad injury tomorrow and his career prospects suddenly don't look as rosy.  Say Spurs were to say he could get that £30k per week that you mentioned.  They also loan him out for a couple of seasons to a Championship club, maybe even back to us.  It wouldn't be a terrible career move for him necessarily.

Not disagreeing with you. On a personal level it would make sense to him I'm sure.

But as a boro fan, thinking about our squad as is, it would be a big loss. (He has been a revelation for us in that position) Not necessarily financially of course as if we sell him we make profit. But it would need reinvesting in another right Wing back. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We have to remember that he has no ties to the area.  The interviews I've seen with him would suggest he doesn't exactly feel at home here.  On top of that he could get a bad injury tomorrow and his career prospects suddenly don't look as rosy.  Say Spurs were to say he could get that £30k per week that you mentioned.  They also loan him out for a couple of seasons to a Championship club, maybe even back to us.  It wouldn't be a terrible career move for him necessarily.

That's completely how you infer the stories though, the other side is he feels in a place where he can actually concentrate on football and his family have echoed that too

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

That's completely how you infer the stories though, the other side is he feels in a place where he can actually concentrate on football and his family have echoed that too

Yeah it was just the comments about it being different up here and that he didn't really do anything away from the football.  He might love it of course but as you say it didn't come across that way to me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Raf smog said:

sorry not much good news!

Gibson obviously people have heard otherwise but he still hasn't had any contact with us.

nketiah joining bristol city

Britt still not guaranteed to stay however no one has got even close to valuation.

Spence still a bit of a standstill agent wants more than what we are offering quite a few clubs sniffing around tomorrow and Friday big day on this front.

Just been announced that Nketiah staying at Arsenal and not leaving on loan... 

• Haha 5

Interesting move by Arsenal keeping Nketiah. The main Bristol City journo has been adamant for a year now that they really do want Britt up front the problem is taking his wages on along with the fee we want I think he rumoured a few weeks ago in a Q and A our price was 9 million but the wage burden on top makes it difficult for Bristol to make work apparently.

Forest are trying to shift out 5 players to get themselves a new winger and striker but I don't see where they get the money from or interest in resigning Britt. Sheff Wed are going hard on Wickham the only teams in the market for a striker really is Bristol/Villa and unless Villa get desperate I don't see Bristol going all in when their manager is under serious pressure already.

29 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Wonder if they'll have a look at Britt? I know he injured atm but they may ask the question. 

I reckon given his current injury concerns we could have situation where a loan with obligation to buy if he play X number of games is proposed..

1 hour ago, OldManGravz said:

May have to load up CM 01/02 and make a legends team

i had a guy half swedish half bosnian, signed him from orebro for 50k or something. ended up being a wc attacking mid. he had 3 balance and won abot a million free kicks and penalties each game. only on the one save though, never could i get him to be any good again. kovac or something him name.