oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

9 hours ago, Jamie-H said:

Interesting move by Arsenal keeping Nketiah. The main Bristol City journo has been adamant for a year now that they really do want Britt up front the problem is taking his wages on along with the fee we want I think he rumoured a few weeks ago in a Q and A our price was 9 million but the wage burden on top makes it difficult for Bristol to make work apparently.

Forest are trying to shift out 5 players to get themselves a new winger and striker but I don't see where they get the money from or interest in resigning Britt. Sheff Wed are going hard on Wickham the only teams in the market for a striker really is Bristol/Villa and unless Villa get desperate I don't see Bristol going all in when their manager is under serious pressure already.

I heard a while ago that we'd tried to sell Britt back to Forest. We apparently owe them 6m for him which would finance the deal. I'm guessing they'd struggle with his wages though. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Heres a thought. Rather than spend what little money we have in this year's budget on the limted amount of players available, why do we not keep it for next season. This season has passed us by and only the most rose tinted can think we would gain promotion now. Let's keep blooding youngsters to unearth those gems under our own noses rather than spend money on other teams' mediocrity.

• Like 7

The thing that worries me most about this Dejan Stojanovic is that he isn't deemed good enough to be called up by North Macedonia, a nation that is sorely lacking in footballing talent.

To then spend £1m on him when he's out of contract is a baffling use of limited funds, at least in my eyes.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, oldman said:

Heres a thought. Rather than spend what little money we have in this year's budget on the limted amount of players available, why do we not keep it for next season. This season has passed us by and only the most rose tinted can think we would gain promotion now. Let's keep blooding youngsters to unearth those gems under our own noses rather than spend money on other teams' mediocrity.

If we have a long term target that we'll miss out on if we don't move on him then spend the cash otherwise apart from CB, i agree i don't really see the need to spend the money now.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The thing that worries me most about this Dejan Stojanovic is that he isn't deemed good enough to be called up by North Macedonia, a nation that is sorely lacking in footballing talent.

To then spend £1m on him when he's out of contract is a baffling use of limited funds, at least in my eyes.

I did notice this too. He 26 and is playing in Switzlands top league so you would assume he would have some caps for national team given its Macedonia but he has none?

Definitely no need to spend just because the money is there. This season is really about staying up and continuing to embed a new positive attitude and style of football throughout the club. An experienced loan CB will help that cause for sure though. 

As long as we don't lose any more big players on top of Britt then add a couple of astute signings in the Summer - everyone should be feeling pretty damn good about next season. 

The thing is, blooding Spence and Coulson could have gone very wrong. Coulson I was less concerned about after watching him a couple of times in pre-season but I really wasn't sure about Spence until his first proper game, he looked lightweight and defensively poor (perhaps because he was playing right of a defensive 4 rather than wing-back). And look at how much people have lambasted Liddle over really very little against a side massively beyond what he's ever played against. Blooding young players needn't always be the alternative to the first team.

I think the squad needs one or two more, I think the last thing we want to end up doing is playing Nathan Wood every game so soon into his career, which we are currently one injury away from possibly doing. Let's not confirm we're out of the woods just yet either. Things could go just as bad as they could good. If you think play-offs is a pipe dream then surely you'd agree relegation isn't definitely out of the realms of possibility, we need another more experienced GK and CB, in my opinion, to try to make sure of that. If that's loan deals to see us through and that can be cheaper than signing permanently, I'm not against that.

But if we can make a deal happen now that is just as beneficial to us in the long term, get them in and get them playing. Even if we end up mid-table as I suspect we will, that will surely be better than getting them in at some point during the summer.

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I did notice this too. He 26 and is playing in Switzlands top league so you would assume he would have some caps for national team given its Macedonia but he has none?

From an interview with him:

You played three times for the Macedonian U21 national team, but lastly you were on the bench for Austria’s U19 national team and did not get a chance to play in the games. How is it currently, for which country do you want to play in the future and why?

In a year, no one from the ÖFB has called me. For me that is a sign that Austria has no interest in me. Macedonia, on the other hand, wants me for the senior national team. Unfortunately, this is not possible right now since I have just Austrian citizenship.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

I really don't get the issue, we clearly rate him and want a replacement for Randolph now. Pears is young and form could drop and do we have trust in Mejias if Pears is injured? They're also zero guarantees we would get him in the summer

Getting players in now will also give us 6 months to blood them in and be fully integrated for next season. Looking at the squad we need quite a few changes before the next summer window shuts. It would be ideal to get some of that done this window. 

• Like 3

Peterborough chairman on Twitter (via sky sports transfer feed) has said Marcus Maddison has been given permission to speak to two championship clubs. Wonder who 2nd club is...

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Peterborough chairman on Twitter (via sky sports transfer feed) has said Marcus Maddison has been given permission to speak to two championship clubs. Wonder who 2nd club is...

My guess is QPR or Barnsley 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Their first choice keeper plays in Spain with Rayo Vallecano and of the two other keepers in the squad one is on Arsenal's books currently out on loan and I think the other one is playing in Macedonia.. 

Leicester have recieved a bid from an unnamed championship club for their danish youth international keeper Daniel Iversen. The 22 year old is currently on loan at Rotherham with much succes. Wonder who else is looking for a keeper in the Championship. 

• Like 1