oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

43 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Hopefully both come back better players. Given Marvin Johnson is likely to leave in summer, Coulson and Bola as the clubs two left-backs is more than fine with me.

what about Reading?

4 hours ago, Gilling Red said:

We need two fit central defenders ASAP. That would let McNair and Howson to play in mid field. Both would be better than Clayton and Saville. Clayton and Saville are too slow mentally and psychically to push the game forward.

IMO Howson in midfield is a waste.. never in the game, doesn't shoot, doesn't tackle.. RB and CB he's been very effective, don't see why we'd move him back up the field.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

what about Reading?

IMO Howson in midfield is a waste.. never in the game, doesn't shoot, doesn't tackle.. RB and CB he's been very effective, don't see why we'd move him back up the field.

because he has legs and can actually get up and down the pitch unlike wing and clayton. hes neat and tidy and does shoot when getting into position, although never hadly scores like. 

look at the difference young energetic wingbacks have made. put mre energy into the middle to and we will see the difference. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

because he has legs and can actually get up and down the pitch unlike wing and clayton. hes neat and tidy and does shoot when getting into position, although never hadly scores like. 

look at the difference young energetic wingbacks have made. put mre energy into the middle to and we will see the difference. 

I think he’d fair better in a midfield that’s looking to press on than the midfield under Pulis that just sits in and tries to contain. How much better i don’t know but I’d like to see him in there alongside McNair IF we persisted with 3 CBs, which I don’t think we will, even though it probably suits the personnel we’ve got. When we play a back 3 I feel like playing a CDM like clayton is a complete waste.

• Like 1

I just hope whoever else we sign is permanent or with a view to permanent, we've got a very strong chance of staying up as it is and you'd think there has to be an eye on next season.

We could lose Ayala, Johnson, Friend, Shotton, Gestede, Howson, Roberts and Nmecha by time the summer window opens, more loans will just add to the losses.

Some of them will probably be tied down to new contracts, but that's half the first team disappearing in one fell swoop if they're not.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I just hope whoever else we sign is permanent or with a view to permanent, we've got a very strong chance of staying up as it is and you'd think there has to be an eye on next season.

We could lose Ayala, Johnson, Friend, Shotton, Gestede, Howson, Roberts and Nmecha by time the summer window opens, more loans will just add to the losses.

Some of them will probably be tied down to new contracts, but that's half the first team disappearing in one fell swoop if they're not.

I agree, there is no point spending money on any more loanees, it would be a waste. We’re not going up, we aren’t going down, we are out of both cups, the season has pretty much ended. 

• Like 1

our lack of possession worries me, if we cant keep the ball we'll never do enough.  need to sort that out for next season. hopefully we'll get a better shape sorted before then and go into next season with the shape woody wants. then we can just concentrate on that andd getting the odd player in to help.

I believe if we make any more signings they have to be permanent or loans option to be permanent in summer. As what's the point loaning is a waste money we aren't going to lose every game for relagation and we aren't going to win every game to make the playoffs. So Woodgate just needs to focus on preparing for next season so we can have a shot at the playoffs. Last night was a reality check in my opinion.

He wants to play 433 he said. Personally I dont think he has added any personnel that will do it for him effectively since he was appointed. Maybe if he can get the front 3 sorted it would take a bit of pressure off the defence.  Our goals for column is embarrassing.

We should have some room to manoeuvre when the out of contract players go. Personally, on refection I would probably only keep Ayala. I know some people like Howson but he is out of contract and we need something different in midfield. In this period of value for money I dont see the logic in giving someone at the end of their career a decent contract just so he can fill in where we are short. 

1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

He wants to play 433 he said. Personally I dont think he has added any personnel that will do it for him effectively since he was appointed. Maybe if he can get the front 3 sorted it would take a bit of pressure off the defence.  Our goals for column is embarrassing.

We should have some room to manoeuvre when the out of contract players go. Personally, on refection I would probably only keep Ayala. I know some people like Howson but he is out of contract and we need something different in midfield. In this period of value for money I dont see the logic in giving someone at the end of their career a decent contract just so he can fill in where we are short. 

I know the thing with Howson is he came as a goal scoring midfielder now's he's playing CB 3 years down the line 

28 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

If the gibson deal goes through, and I'd still be massively shocked if it doesn't, it won't be a bank breaker for the club. 

Only been told it would be a loan with a view Tudders. Have you heard anything different?

4 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I know the thing with Howson is he came as a goal scoring midfielder now's he's playing CB 3 years down the line 

Thats the thing. I respect he has fit in at rb and cb but as a midfielder he has had almost 3 years to show 3 managers that his name should be cemented in midfield. I dont think his performances have demonstrated that. It may be due to all of our midfielders being very similar though. 

43 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

If the gibson deal goes through, and I'd still be massively shocked if it doesn't, it won't be a bank breaker for the club. 

Based on what?  Are Burnley going to give us him for free and then he plays for free as well?