oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

I mean Oxford's on 20k a week with a potential 2 million pound fee at the end if it goes well the Gibson stuff is a completely different ballgame he's on minimum 40k a week plus if there was a potential fee the minimum would be 8-10 million I don't understand why Gibson gets spoke about when every other name we're linked with or are reportedly scouting are just nowhere near that level financially.

Reading up on Oxford's season apparently the manager just lost complete faith in him after substituting him on vs Schalke and then late in the game Oxford misplaced a backpass causing them to score the winner and he's been cast out of the starting XI/fringes since there's definitely an interest from them in cashing out on Oxford this month. Even at 20k a week Oxford would be in an upper bracket for us that's why I'm glad it seems like a loan to buy because going forward next season I don't see us having many 20k a week subs around the squad.

Edited by Jamie-H
  • Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I mean Oxford's on 20k a week with a potential 2 million pound fee at the end of it goes well the Gibson stuff is a completely different ballgame he's on minimum 40k a week plus if there was a potential fee the minimum would be 8-10 million I don't understand why Gibson gets spoke about when every other name we're linked with or are reportedly scouting are just nowhere near that level financially.

Reading up on Oxford's season apparently the manager just lost complete faith in him after substituting him on vs Schalke and then late in the game Oxford misplaced a backpass causing them to score the winner and he's been cast out of the starting XI/fringes since there's definitely an interest from them in cashing out on Oxford this month. Even at 20k a week Oxford would be in an upper bracket for us that's why I'm glad it seems like a loan to buy because going forward next season I don't see us having many 20k a week subs around the squad.

Giving up on a young player after one costly mistake sounds like horrible player management.

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Only been told it would be a loan with a view Tudders. Have you heard anything different?

No I've been told the same but the wages wouldn't be a huge issue. From what I've been told the percentage isn't enormous and the amount wouldn't be a huge issue for the club. Again I can't say more than that. (other than it shouldn't cost the club more than 10k per week apparently) 

27 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

No I've been told the same but the wages wouldn't be a huge issue. From what I've been told the percentage isn't enormous and the amount wouldn't be a huge issue for the club. Again I can't say more than that. (other than it shouldn't cost the club more than 10k per week apparently) 

Is he fit Tudders?

22 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Is he fit Tudders?

Not a clue mate. He certainly doesn't look "weighty" but I'd guess he wouldn't be fully match fit as he has barely played. Hope what I have been told is true and he signs with an option to buy at a given price. Can't imagine it would be huge. Have no idea on that either though. 

6 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

Not a clue mate. He certainly doesn't look "weighty" but I'd guess he wouldn't be fully match fit as he has barely played. Hope what I have been told is true and he signs with an option to buy at a given price. Can't imagine it would be huge. Have no idea on that either though. 

Been doing rehab at Rockcliffe as well... let's see what happens

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I know that's like us giving up on Colouson after last night's costly mistake

Who gave up on him? Sure it was clear that he had a torrid first half but no one wants to see him dropped. Not all games can be good. 

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Who gave up on him? Sure it was clear that he had a torrid first half but no one wants to see him dropped. Not all games can be good. 

Miss interpretation I meant Augsburg have given up on Oxford for doing a similar thing. But anyway Oxford was brave for going abroad not many English players do it.

16 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

Cheers.

We definitely need a cb. Being a left footer is a bonus in my eyes. If we had won our last 2 games I would be more positive about the prospect of having gibson. With 7 players being out of contract at the end of the season and deficiencies in the squad as it stands I just wonder  whether we need to go for a cheaper option. If the club can afford it as well as making the attack more potent then I would be all for it. Thanks for the info.