oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

5 minutes ago, Bristol_Boro said:

Burnley will take 6m for Gibson with 4.3m outstanding 

Fry 8m  + add ons not entertained 

It's held the Gibson deal up as it was hoped it could be included in negotiating the Fry deal. 

Tarkowski could well be moving late in the window as well. 

But are we still wanting to keep hold of Fry? 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Given that they are a Prem club and we are a championship club I’d be very surprised if they didn’t pay at least 5 mil up front. 

Agreed, that is possible, maybe probable. 

If I were Burnley I’d keep Gibson at least until summer. If they stay up then sell but if they are relegated he would be perfect to keep as they would likely lose at least Tarkowski and maybe Mee too. 

Perhaps Fry has already made it clear that he is under no circumstances moving to burnley so we are just yanking their chain and refusing every bid to make it seem like it’s our choice and we won’t include him in a deal. 

7 minutes ago, Borodane said:

If I were Burnley I’d keep Gibson at least until summer. If they stay up then sell but if they are relegated he would be perfect to keep as they would likely lose at least Tarkowski and maybe Mee too. 

That might be something Burnley consider, but is it something that Ben would consider? It was his big move, but he's become the bridesmaid not the bride. I would suspect he feels let down by Dyche, mis-sold by the used car salesman.

I think he will leave regardless. He wanted to play in the prem, and if not then stay with Boro. Being allowed to play just because Burnley have been relegated wasn't his career path. I doubt another prem team will come in for him now, he will almost certainly want out of Burnley, maybe even if Dyche were to (unlikely) leave.

47 minutes ago, Bristol_Boro said:

Burnley will take 6m for Gibson with 4.3m outstanding 

Fry 8m  + add ons not entertained 

It's held the Gibson deal up as it was hoped it could be included in negotiating the Fry deal. 

Tarkowski could well be moving late in the window as well. 

So Ben Gibson would in short cost us £10m+.

Fry + £8m = Gibson. 😊

2 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

No ben costs 6 but they owe us 4.3 so he costs us 1.7m, if I understand right.

I think you missed his joke. I read it like he values Fry at 18 million. 

Just now, Borodane said:

I think you missed his joke. I read it like he values Fry at 18 million. 

I got that he values Fry at 18 but it would take Ben + 16.3m. He was massively underselling poor Dael!

Sorry to *** on everyone's bonfire, but Deal Fry isn't going anywhere.

He had a chance in the summer and refused the transfer as he doesn't want to leave the area and has just bought a new house in Nunthorpe - sounds like he's a bit of a home boy and would take something special to change his mind.

Gibson was all dependant on Randolph leaving. Both parties interested in it happening but Burnley want a large fee for the loan until the end of season. Boro and Burnley do not have a good relationship at all which is making it tricky to do a deal.