oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

I hope we still sign Reece Oxford as he excites me more than Ben Gibson

Any reason why? I can’t think of anything he’s ever done of any significance other than having a decent debut against arsenal 5 years ago. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BoroMart said:

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the riverside was sold to Gibson-O'Neill this summer for around 30m boosting our finances.

As the ground was in the books at just short of £50million in 2018, I don’t think  £30million would be much use.  In any case, I suspect Gibbo will be very wary of any transaction concerning the ground for as long as the other sale and leasebacks in the Championship are being investigated by the EFL.

incidentally, Boro’s independent valuations of the ground showed £40m in 2013 and £50m in 2018, after they spent around £7m on improvements in 2016 (when we were promoted to Premiership). In other words the value actually only increased like for like by £3m. Over same period Derby sold theirs for £80m in 2018, up from the valuation in 2013 of £60m. I know they are in different parts of the country, but you can see why SG was so suspicious of the sale price of Pride Park.

25 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Any reason Burnley and Boro don’t have a good relationship? I remember Pulis saying the Gibson transfer was extremely smooth and both parties were delighted to do business?! 

If there's a negative relationship it would stem back to the years we shared in the Championship and some of the comments Dyche directed towards our club.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Sorry to *** on everyone's bonfire, but Deal Fry isn't going anywhere.

He had a chance in the summer and refused the transfer as he doesn't want to leave the area and has just bought a new house in Nunthorpe - sounds like he's a bit of a home boy and would take something special to change his mind.

Gibson was all dependant on Randolph leaving. Both parties interested in it happening but Burnley want a large fee for the loan until the end of season. Boro and Burnley do not have a good relationship at all which is making it tricky to do a deal.

Cos we diddled them out of £15m for Gibson? 🤭

30 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

As the ground was in the books at just short of £50million in 2018, I don’t think  £30million would be much use.  In any case, I suspect Gibbo will be very wary of any transaction concerning the ground for as long as the other sale and leasebacks in the Championship are being investigated by the EFL.

incidentally, Boro’s independent valuations of the ground showed £40m in 2013 and £50m in 2018, after they spent around £7m on improvements in 2016 (when we were promoted to Premiership). In other words the value actually only increased like for like by £3m. Over same period Derby sold theirs for £80m in 2018, up from the valuation in 2013 of £60m. I know they are in different parts of the country, but you can see why SG was so suspicious of the sale price of Pride Park.

He/we are still suing the EFL aren't we so doing the stadium thing would be an interesting move to say the least.

1 hour ago, OldManGravz said:

No ben costs 6 but they owe us 4.3 so he costs us 1.7m, if I understand right.

Oh. I see. So they willing to take a 9m hit on him. I thought the 6m fee for Gibson was similar to how we accepted 4m for Randolph based on WHU writing off the £1.2m we owe them so in short he went for £5.2m.

If he going for £6m minus the £4.3m then that is a great deal.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Bristol_Boro said:

Dyche might not like the Boro but there is no issues between the Boards of the 2 clubs. 

This is feeling i get too if am perfectly. Not sure how rivalry between fans as suddenly developed in to animosity at board level. We seem to get on fine during the Ban Gibson transanction 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Any reason why? I can’t think of anything he’s ever done of any significance other than having a decent debut against arsenal 5 years ago. 

Oxford is only 20 you know just feel he has great potential 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I think you missed his joke. I read it like he values Fry at 18 million. 

Haha i was not joking. I would want a fee for Fry similar to one we got for Gibson. But given Gibson is going for 6m i will now reconsider my proposal and be reasonable. 9m+Gibson=Fry.