• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Apparently the contract Oxford signed at 18 was on about £20k a week! Absolutely mad what top level interest gets you, West Ham had to pay out so much just to keep him from leaving! It seems to be a case of young lad has earned his piece and thinks he's all that without the hard work, imagine raking that in when you were 18!

If that is the case, you'd have to wonder how much motivation is left in him to succeed. He is in the balance now of being a forgotten man and rising back up from little to nothing. I sincerely hope if we do bring him in that we get a young lad motivated to get his career back on track and I wouldn't offer him any more than the other academy prospects are getting with their new contracts.

9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Apparently the contract Oxford signed at 18 was on about £20k a week! Absolutely mad what top level interest gets you, West Ham had to pay out so much just to keep him from leaving! It seems to be a case of young lad has earned his piece and thinks he's all that without the hard work, imagine raking that in when you were 18!

If that is the case, you'd have to wonder how much motivation is left in him to succeed. He is in the balance now of being a forgotten man and rising back up from little to nothing. I sincerely hope if we do bring him in that we get a young lad motivated to get his career back on track and I wouldn't offer him any more than the other academy prospects are getting with their new contracts.

Hopefully he'll have learned that money isn't everything (although that's probably wishful thinking)

16 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

https://t.co/BKaTOR1hKW
10mill for Fry rejected. Honestly that’s not far from what I’d be inclined to accept. Maybe 13-14. 

What value do people think Fry is worth?

I think if they threw another 5 in there we'd be very hard pressed not to at least entertain the idea.

Having said that; Fry has already rejected Burnley once; who is to say he wouldn't do exactly the same thing again. It's well known that he doesn't want to go anywhere.

• Like 1

reece oxford potential lack of motivation is a good one. i think surrounded by lads his age all busting a gut will be a better place for him to find his motivation again. he'll need to start enjoying himself. no better place than with a squad of you lads. i bet it must be good craic atm.

Just now, Dynamo Kev said:

reece oxford potential lack of motivation is a good one. i think surrounded by lads his age all busting a gut will be a better place for him to find his motivation again. he'll need to start enjoying himself. no better place than with a squad of you lads. i bet it must be good craic atm.

I think its one of them random rumours that come from know where but seem to happen, i imagine he signs in the next week or so

Obviously every player has their price but I really struggle to put one on Fry because selling him doesn't outright benefit us. Losing Britt, Randolph, Gestede, Shotton and any other big wage player and you're moving us more to an acceptable wage structure at least so it's easier to value that. Selling Fry has to be good enough to both replace him adequately and allow us to take a few more expensive gambles without severely increasing the wage bill at the same time. I feel whatever we sell Fry for, it has to be enough so that we can genuinely increase the all-round quality of the squad in his absence.

20 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

https://t.co/BKaTOR1hKW
10mill for Fry rejected. Honestly that’s not far from what I’d be inclined to accept. Maybe 13-14. 

What value do people think Fry is worth?

That is excellent news my favourite part is the awareness of Burnley using Gibson as bait, if Dyche puts his big boy pants on and gets to 15/16 million it will get tricky but at 10 million I can see why it's a non starter for us.

I'm honestly quite shocked no one has come in for McNair again given his form and versatility what would we be able to ask for him at the moment in this market 10-12 million?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

Having Ayala, Fry, Gibbo and Oxford as CB options wouldn’t be too shabby would it 

not bad for the champo. the stick oxford has been getting over there for his lapses in concentration, lazy pases etc cost goals. well i bet he cant give a cf a free chance several games in a row like shotton did early season. 

i remember one home game shotton give a lad a free chance, they fluffed it. the camera panned to woody, the look on his face when he turned back to the bench to look at the coaches. priceless lol Utter donkey so far this season, total liability. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I'm honestly quite shocked no one has come in for McNair again given his form and versatility what would we be able to ask for him at the moment in this market 10-12 million?

I was thinking that myself, watching Bur V Lei yesterday