oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

It they're going for Adams on a loan with essentially an obligation in the summer for 20 million it isn't hard imagining them going for Britt with a similar deal but the price set at half that.

If we can somehow get 8 figures for Britt we've done very well and with how desperate Leeds are I bet he's looking more and more attractive by the day to our old pal Victor Orta. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Just now, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Fgs Bamford ain't coming back. 7m and 3m add ons for promotion is a deal for me. 

They’re clearly desperate if they’re willing to offer 20 for Adams... want more than that especially since it’s Leeds

9 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I am not convinced they're even interested in Britt, this is purely agent talk to try to pressure clubs on other deals

Indeed, I think he'll still be here when the window is closed.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Wing can go for me but not cheaply. He's not the player he was last season but I'd still want upwards of 10m for him.

It's only his second season proper, give the lad a break. He's had injuries, been played out of position and in a team struggling for form, let's see what the second half of the season brings before we throw him under the bus.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Wing can go for me but not cheaply. He's not the player he was last season but I'd still want upwards of 10m for him.

He's hardly been played where he should be though to be fair or at least where I'd like to see him played.

28 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Leeds had 3 bids reject for Adams, could soon come calling for Britt 

They must be getting some encouragement for them to be going back with bids. I am not Britts biggest fan but think he would do well at Leeds. They get the ball in the box more often where he is most effective.

As for us, other than the young lads breaking through this season I would not be too bothered who we sold. The last 3 seasons show how good they are, with the exception of Mcnair who only really got his chance this season. He may be the most effective of our midfielders but I wouldn’t say he bosses games and his goals for is pretty poor.  The elephant in the room however is our recruitment. At some point over the next 6 months we are going to have to bring a fair few in, which brings with it a fair amount of risk.

16 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

It's only his second season proper, give the lad a break. He's had injuries, been played out of position and in a team struggling for form, let's see what the second half of the season brings before we throw him under the bus.

I know all that, I'm not saying we should sell him. I'm just saying he should only go for more than he's currently worth.

I've been a fan of Wing since his Shildon days, I'm not going to give up on him that easily, lol

27 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He's hardly been played where he should be though to be fair or at least where I'd like to see him played.

Agree mate.  He looks bloody lost when he gets played in the Clayton role especially last night . Either play him where he thrives or don't bother. So if this mysterious player who could be going is Mcnair, and we get the centre back transfer in ie Ben Gibson or whoever then Wingy can play one of the midfield roles higher up. Essentially taking what would of been Mcnair's position. 

Edited by Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die
Just now, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:
24 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Agree mate.  He looks bloody lost when he gets played in the Clayton role especially last night . Either play him where he thrives or don't bother. 

Agreed - not to mention when he has played further forward or as the 10 they have been his best games of the season. The talent is still clearly there, just think we're using him pretty poorly atm. Need him driving forward and being around for shots, not trying to ping 50 yard cross field balls from the centre spot.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Agree mate.  He looks bloody lost when he gets played in the Clayton role especially last night . Either play him where he thrives or don't bother. So if this mysterious player who could be going is Mcnair, and we get the centre back transfer in ie Ben Gibson or whoever then Wingy can play one of the midfield roles higher up. Essentially taking what would of been Mcnair's position. 

The Clayton role? He played as part of a 2 against a 3 and was overran. Tactical error, not his fault.

Wing was abysmal in the build up to Birmingham’s disallowed goal. The whistle hadn’t gone yet but he still does nothing to tackle the Birmingham player breaking forwards with the ball. There’s no chance Clayton would have done that. Wing is not a holding midfielder so Woodgate needs to stop playing him there, and instead play him further forward so that he can be far more of a goal threat with his creativity and long shot ability.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Robin Johnson said:

Any news on Wingy? There is a rumour claiming he is off...

Sunderland on loan

thats not me knowing anything, that’s what was said at the game last night