oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

10 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Just don’t believe Gibson on loan is the right move, for one I thought him above average but over rated, though I do think we will see him announced soon. BORO need to resolve issues with conversion rates, ariel, attacks down the wing. 
I do believe the academy has come though and we should be investing more ensuring development. 

Aim is for an initial loan. Permanent in the summer.

• Like 8
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Some truth to the Wing stuff.... bit of a falling out with Woody about playing time. That's all I know being honest.

Fingers crossed BD is right and this isn't an ongoing thing - still think he will be an important player for us if we can utilise him correctly.

Why Woody seems so convinced he can play that deep role will forever frustrate me!

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Why Woody seems so convinced he can play that deep role will forever frustrate me!

maybe he sees his passing in the QB role, which keeps him too far a way from their goal for me.

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Fingers crossed BD is right and this isn't an ongoing thing - still think he will be an important player for us if we can utilise him correctly.

Tbh I think it's because Woodgate doesn't really want to use Clayton and hopes that Wing can somehow use his ability to pass forward and set up players like Tav and Roberts. I agree with you though. Hope that with a new defender McNair can play that withdrawn role and Wing can be pushed forward with Tav.

anyone who doesn't think the Gibson deal is a good one is a fool IMO. he cares about the club for one which is invaluable for a club like us tbh + the fact he's directly related to the chairman is gonna make things easy to sort out once we get the deal sorted with Burnley. He was fantastic for us back in the day. Is still only 27, so plenty of miles left on the clock

Wasn't a huge fan of Gibson but if he gets Fry away from that left side.. and it's another local lad that actually cares about the club.

Not sure how we'd be able to afford a perm in the summer.. are we really going to go from spending 200k on Browne and Bola to suddenly spending at least 6m on a single player?

26 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

anyone who doesn't think the Gibson deal is a good one is a fool IMO. he cares about the club for one which is invaluable for a club like us tbh + the fact he's directly related to the chairman is gonna make things easy to sort out once we get the deal sorted with Burnley. He was fantastic for us back in the day. Is still only 27, so plenty of miles left on the clock

He's spent about 18 months injured and he'll be on a big wage at Burnley. I think there's reason to be concerned actually. Especially for a club that is supposed to be struggling financially. 

7 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Wasn't a huge fan of Gibson but if he gets Fry away from that left side.. and it's another local lad that actually cares about the club.

Not sure how we'd be able to afford a perm in the summer.. are we really going to go from spending 200k on Browne and Bola to suddenly spending at least 6m on a single player?

Maybe Burnley are paying for Gibson in installments like most deals,just guessing 

15 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Burnley still owe us for Gibson, in effect we'd be paying less than 2m for a permanent.

1 hour ago, estonpidge said:

maybe he sees his passing in the QB role, which keeps him too far a way from their goal for me.

Maybe if that position even existed in this sport it would be a factor but it doesn’t. He should be playing in an attacking midfield role or not in the team in my opinion. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

Maybe if that position even existed in this sport it would be a factor but it doesn’t. He should be playing in an attacking midfield role or not in the team in my opinion. 

I agree with that 

A fully fit Gibson would be a fantastic player for any Championship team, he's still a young lad so could be the backbone of the team for years to come, pair him with Fry, Spence and Coulson then that looks a tasty option   

• Like 2