oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Also begs the question, where were all of the ITK types on this one? 🤨

If it's actually true of course.

Also Shotton being fit presumably increases the chances of him moving on this week.

We know nothing mate.... I just wing it from my magic 8ball 😉

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Magic 8 ball not as good or accurate as Mother Shipton, 😂

Mother Shipton correctly predicted that Xmas pudding is like kryptonite to MFC players, it took Woodgate to remember this and act on it after recalling a visit there on a school trip. 

He's one of the higher rated young CBs around Celtic apparently wanted him back as well as half the Championship so it's quite a coup loan signing if we pull it off.

I'm still not sure where we'll be in 6 months when Roberts/Nmecha/Benkovic have gone back after we finish mid table but whatever gets us through to the summer at this point I guess.

11 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

He's one of the higher rated young CBs around Celtic apparently wanted him back as well as half the Championship so it's quite a coup loan signing if we pull it off.

I'm still not sure where we'll be in 6 months when Roberts/Nmecha/Benkovic have gone back after we finish mid table but whatever gets us through to the summer at this point I guess.

Would you swap 6 months with him for 6 months of Shotton?  I don't know if that's what's going to happen but if you put it like that then I don't think it's much of a problem.  Either way we're losing one of them come the summer.

Edited by Changing Times
1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

If we play them enough and they shine, coupled with Woodgate getting a full summer to plan for incoming/outgoings then this season won’t go down as a classic but maybe viewed as where to look for folk like Erimus when answering questions on where did the great 20’s Boro teams start from. 

4 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Apparently Roberts and Nmecha have an option of another year if this 6 months goes well

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Would you swap 6 months with him for 6 months of Shotton?  I don't know if that's what's going to happen but if you put it like that then I don't think it's much a problem.  Either way we're losing one of them come the summer.

Yeah true I'd take Benkovic/Fry/Ayala as a first choice back 3 for 5 months than the alternatives we have in the squad, as short term plugs go a 13 million pound highly rated CB aint too shabby. 

4 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Apparently Roberts and Nmecha have an option of another year if this 6 months goes well

Then in 18 months time if they done the business and got Boro promoted we'll sign them permanently 😉

• Like 2

To be taken with a pinch of salt but was told by sources close to Stoke City that there are a few moves for strikers going on but all dependent on each team getting their man in return, no team names given but was told 2 teams eying up a bid for Britt. Stoke not one of them but was told even if a fee agreed they doubted Britt would want to go to either. 

4 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Yeah true I'd take Benkovic/Fry/Ayala as a first choice back 3 for 5 months than the alternatives we have in the squad, as short term plugs go a 13 million pound highly rated CB aint too shabby. 

Also, it could be one of those where if things went ok then he might be back for the full season.  I don't think he's quite in the first team picture at Leicester, is he?

2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Very sceptical about this rumour myself Roberts is clearly steps above our level if he continues his form  PL team will either buy him for 10 million + in the summer or City will loan him to a Prem team that will actually play him. Nmecha openly said today he's hoping to use this loan to remind Man City how good he is and at 22 next season that's the age city usually cut bait or promote their prospects the only difference with Roberts is they have 8 million tied up in him so will maybe handle him a little less ruthlessly.