• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Also, it could be one of those where if things went ok then he might be back for the full season.  I don't think he's quite in the first team picture at Leicester, is he?

I think he played preseason with them they decided he could break through but Evans/Soyuncu never get injured and he doesn't play 3 at the back so opportunities were limited. I'd guess they're thinking send him to us because we'll play him as long as he's injury free then in the summer see if he's ready to push Evans out I don't see Leicester loaning us a 13 million pound CB for a year and a half.

3 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Nmecha hasn’t a prayer of getting in the City team. To me he won’t score enough goals to get noticed, appears to be useful rather than exceptional. Champions level at best I’m afraid.

Yeah, he'd have a job getting in their side.  Probably end up one of those they sell to help with FFP.

Surprised no one taken link with the Leicester CB with a slight pinch of salt given its the Daily Mail reporting it or have i missed something?

Is reporter usually on the pulse with Boro chat? or it being reported elsewhere too? Any ITK confirmed this one has legs

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Surprised no one taken link with the Leicester CB with a slight pinch of salt given its the Daily Mail reporting it or have i missed something?

Is reporter usually on the pulse with Boro chat? or it being reported elsewhere too? Any ITK confirmed this one has legs

I think it's because of the position as much as anything else.  I'm pretty sure that SDS and Lurker have both said that they think we're looking to sign two central defenders this week.  This would fit with that.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

The lack of any real info from other sources mean that even a source as Salty as the Daily Mail sparks interest, especially when it’s a player most have heard of and isn’t either from league 1, Scotland or related to Steve Gibson.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

It's been reported for a while that he's going to go out on loan, and we're a club in desperate need of fit CBs to play.

It makes sense.

Good player at this level but we will never progress as a club if we continue with loan signings which we will just loose at the end of the season. We aren’t going to make the playoffs and we aren’t going down, surely just play someone like Wood at CB. No point in giving someone else’s player game time just to finish mid table while our own players are sat on the bench.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

good players improve the young lads around them, better to loan them when the squad knees them if we can't afford to buy them

The squad doesn’t need them though. The only way that we are going to be able to compete is by developing our own players, not giving Leicester’s back up CB game time just to loose him again in the summer. We have nothing to play for this season so there is no better time to give someone like Wood game time and look to use him next season. 

8 minutes ago, jamesp said:

Good player at this level but we will never progress as a club if we continue with loan signings which we will just loose at the end of the season. We aren’t going to make the playoffs and we aren’t going down, surely just play someone like Wood at CB. No point in giving someone else’s player game time just to finish mid table while our own players are sat on the bench.

every signing we make now has to be with a view to next season, hopefully with this Leister lad, roberts and gibbo, we and they have a good end to the season and we get them back for a right go next year. Need to be giving hopefully the young core of our team for next season as much game time as possible  Pears, coulsen, Spence, fry, Gibbo, tav, wing,mcnair, roberts, the makings of one hell of a team

11 minutes ago, jamesp said:

The squad doesn’t need them though. The only way that we are going to be able to compete is by developing our own players, not giving Leicester’s back up CB game time just to loose him again in the summer. We have nothing to play for this season so there is no better time to give someone like Wood game time and look to use him next season. 

The squad 100% needs them.

We've got a 17 year old CB, that's it.

Friend and Shotton are a few weeks off being fit, and might get injured again immediately. Ayala is out for a month or more, Fry it's up in the air whether he's fit or not, I'd lean towards not.

Shunting Howson and McNair in to CB doesn't mean they're CBs.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

The squad 100% needs them.

We've got a 17 year old CB, that's it.

Friend and Shotton might get injured again immediately. Ayala is out for a month or more, Fry it's up in the air whether he's fit or not, I'd lean towards not.

Shunting Howson and McNair in to CB doesn't mean they're CBs.

Agree. As much as I would like and want to give Wood more game time now if he had a nightmare or a bad run of games it could be more damaging for him. Given that he is possibly our only fit centre back right now its vital we have cover and depth especially with no timescales confirmed on Fry and Ayala injuries hopefully they are only short term injuries. I do think we were 1 centre back short even if everyone was fit this season.