• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

McNair played CB most of his career before 1 season at Sunderland, didn't he? I remember him debuting there for Man United.

He did but by his own admission he is a CM who can play as a CB. And that is a view shared by most his managers bar Van Gaal. And also a view that imo is supported by his own performances. 

In fact if we were to play 3 at the back and only had 2 fit centre backs i would rather howson was the 3rd CB just so it meant Paddy playing in midfield.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Also begs the question, where were all of the ITK types on this one? 🤨

If it's actually true of course.

Also Shotton being fit presumably increases the chances of him moving on this week.

The fact the article is a bit presumptuous considering Benkovic is in negotiations with another club. 

Edited by nunthorpered
2 hours ago, Mr_Maz said:

The croatians are coming at last!!

I can only assume if we sign him we are getting a good deal from a wages point of view. I can sort of understand the Gibson deal if it is loan to affordable permanent in the summer. He is used to playing in a back 4 and will probably complement Fry next season if Woodgate is eventually going to implement his 433.
I suppose we have to trust the club with regards to how the squad is built. We will be potentially very short in the summer however. I wonder whether we are going to utilise the loan market to the max in summer as well?

Paddy isn't a cb. He can play there as a stop gap but it's not his position. If it was I would be annoyed that he is our free kick and corner taker. *ducks for cover expecting abuse and names of other teams free-kick taking centre halves*

As we enter last 5 days the players we been linked with are all CBs in the last week.

1. Ben Gibson

2. Jack Simpspn

3. Filip Benkovic

4. Carter-Vickers

Link in Gibbo is real. Link to next 2 seems to have some substance and link with Carter Vickers (so far) seems to lack substance.

Dont think we been linked with a single attacking player in last week or so unless am mistaken.

Therefore maybe we are looking at 2 defenders and we are done.

21 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Therefore maybe we are looking at 2 defenders and we are done.

It does look that way, which is a shame seeing as we are the second lowest scorers in the league. Maybe if we lose a midfielder we can bring in someone pacy/tricky for the left forward spot and go 433.

1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

It does look that way, which is a shame seeing as we are the second lowest scorers in the league. Maybe if we lose a midfielder we can bring in someone pacy/tricky for the left forward spot and go 433.

Same. I was hoping for one CB and one wide player to compliment Roberts on right.

once we have proper defenders we can play our best team. atm we are considerably weakened by ayala being out and paddy playing in defence. leaves us less creative and weaker at the back. 

begovic/fry ayala gibbo

spence saville paddy tav coulson 

roberts

fletch

thats a better team by miles. we'll win quite a few with them on the pitch.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Pears

Fry Benkovic Gibson

Spence McNair Wing Coulson

Roberts Fletcher Tavernier 

343 IP

523 OOP

With a potential bench of Stojanovic, Ayala, Friend, Clayton, Saville, Johnson, Britt. Strongest the bench will have looked for a while

13 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

With a potential bench of Stojanovic, Ayala, Friend, Clayton, Saville, Johnson, Britt. Strongest the bench will have looked for a while

Why on earth isn’t Howson being considered for the squad never mind the starting XI?!

• Like 1

Hope we do not spend all week talking about Gibson this Gibson that , only for Burnley to allow him to go elsewhere.  Get one of the other candidates in early, then negotiate Gibson's deal. It's going to be an interesting week. Hope it works out to be a productive week.