oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

the simpsons flirting GIF

37 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Not sure anyone really knows what's going on... interest in 4cbs and want to sign 2... deadline day scramble

It's the school dance all over again and we are eyeing up several potential dance partners but are gonna end up sat talking to a teacher

Edited by SzilardNemethsCurtains
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

the simpsons flirting GIF

It's the school dance all over again and we are eyeing up several potential dance partners but are gonna end up sat talking to a teacher

I will be honest I thought we had Ben done and dusted. Seems it could bite me on the behind. Let's see what last 4 days have in store.

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I will be honest I thought we had Ben done and dusted. Seems it could bite me on the behind. Let's see what last 4 days have in store.

I just wanted to use a millhouse gif to be honest, I am sure we will get some bodies in. The Gibson deal was always going to be tricky with motorbike throat on the scene

Not sure Gibson coming back is a good idea tbh, that’s just based on the idea of never going back to a prior club, The expectations and tolerances mean it’s often a waste of an opportunity.

its annoying as Ben Gibson would be just the sort of player we need, maybe if he becomes Benito Gibsona instead, the returning player hoodoo could be avoided. 😂

1 hour ago, White Band said:

We still need to ensure Championship survival for this season, and have not guaranteed it yet. At the moment we have one fit centre back and he is a 17 year old who made his league debut last weekend. We have two midfielders who can cover at centre back and have been doing a respectable job there when called upon to do so.  It would only take a couple of losses with otger results going against us for us to be teetering just above the drop zone again and at risk of a relegation battle. Going into the next phase of the season with one fit CB would be very risky. We have no idea when any of the injured players will be back in the match squad and if they will stay fit. All four of them have already re-injured this season.

It'd also be unfair to Wood himself - get cover in and then play him when it's right to play him rather than rely on him. Let him learn when it's the right situation, and with experienced players alongside him, rather than pitch him in and hope for the best. Throwing him in there without support could really harm his development. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Not sure Gibson coming back is a good idea tbh, that’s just based on the idea of never goThe fthting back to a prior club, The expectations and tolerances mean it’s often a waste of an opportunity.

its annoying as Ben Gibson would be just the sort of player we need, maybe if he becomes Benito Gibsona instead, the returning player hoodoo could be avoided. 😂

The finances always had to be right for this deal to happen in this window and were a long way off from that happening from what I was told Thursday.

What's the point in spending a million pound plus wages on a six month loan deal when we are not going to be either fighting relegation or fighting for the play offs.

Deal could still happen yet but I expect us to push hard for permanent transfer in the summer.

Ps whoever said Gibson had a medical over the weekend was talking utter cr@p

• Like 1

I am not saying this because it seems the Gibson deal might be drifting away from us but I am quite relaxed about the whole situation. i think the reason for that is we seem to be eyeing some decent alternatives in Benkovic and Simpson who both come with a lot of promise. For once we not put all our eggs in one basket.

I know club are looking at two CBs but if we get 1 of the above 3 in I will be happy with that. if we dont get either of the 3 then I will start to worry.

Oh and i still got hopes our beloved boro will make a out the blue type signing for the top end of the pitch. Ideally more Lee Tomlin out the blue and less Adlene Guidioura out the blue.

• Like 2

The problem I see is that we could still leave ourselves hanging if we want two and only sign one. It definitely feels like we could do with a couple of quality additions at the back. And if Gibson goes to the wire, we could leave ourselves in the lurch as our other targets, ones not just us are after, will move elsewhere. The lad from Leicester in particular seems like someone with a bright future and a decent career so far too, I'd be disappointed to see us miss out on signing him because we sign Simpson and we throw everything at getting Gibson and falter.

I know some on here have switched off already for this season but I absolutely want to see us go for it so long as we can. I see very little point in switching off so long as we don't kill off our summer plans by doing so, let's finish as high as we possibly can and hey, even top 10 would be something after our start to this year.

So yeah, I'm sceptical of Gibson signing without any cheap permanent by the end of it but by all means, get as much quality in as we can and give it a go.

• Like 4

Excited by Gibson and in particular Benkovic who is very highly rated by many in European football. The concern which has been raised by a few people in this thread is why invest significant money on these loan deals when this season in all likeliness will end up as a dead rubber season. I would much rather have Gibson, Benkovic and that caliber player next season if we are going to make a push for the playoffs.

I still think there will be some last minute interest in someone like Britt or even Fletcher. Loads of clubs going for promotion will be looking for someone to get them over the line.

Also would be a surprise if no-one has an interest in Paddy or Howson. Saville also playing much better all of a sudden.

It will be a few days of rumours with one or two actual deals I think. I would be amazed if Gibson doesn't end up here given he seems to have moved in at Rockliffe.