• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Thing is, we almost certainly will offer him less money. And I don't think based on what he's said that he'd outright deny just less than what he's on. But tackling the wage bill would appear to need more movement than that and actually, a significantly less wage. I wouldn't expect him to stay on those terms.

I'd say if the club really cares about wanting to keep him around, they need to approach it carefully, even if they are going to low-ball him to begin with, don't be a *** about it and expect him to say yes to anything because of a commitment to the club. Have a high boundary that you can't go beyond, work up to it and if his representatives think he should say no to our highest offer then we leave it at that and on good terms. No taking the ***, no expecting him to be accepting a pittance for his services on the back of the club as a whole's mistakes, something much bigger than Ayala's responsibility at this club.

Most importantly for me, we have to accept the likelihood he leaves and hopefully wish him all the best if he does. I think he's been a great servant for us and I hope, unlike Derby, we treat him as professionally as he's treated being a player for this club.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

As if people still think Venus signed Ayala 

Technically Venus was in charge when we brought him in on loan after Mogga got the sack. But he was Aitor's first permanent signing.

He then played his first game as a Boro player the day after away to Leicester, which was coincidentally the wettest I've ever been to watch a match. The heaven's well and truly opened that day.

If I remember correctly too Mahrez made his debut for Leicester that day too.

As far as Ivan Toney is concerned Peterborough public valuation should hold little weight with people. With lower league clubs saying what you will take for a player and what you actually take is usually miles apart. Sitting there hypothetically saying we will only take £13m and then being sat there in front of say a £6m offer knowing what you could do with that sort of money is two different two things.

In any event if there a Peterborough player I want then its Maddison and not Toney as i feel the former could make an instant impact. Not to mention Maddison is into last 6 months of contract.

As far as Toney is concerned I feel a much cheaper option to challenge Britt is out there. We were linked with Jonson Clarke Harris earlier in season and I feel he would be worth a punt from Bristol Rovers. He has 7 goals this season but think he missed the last 6 or 7 league games through injury but returned on weekend.

Knowing January a difficult time to do business, If we get a striker and 1 wide player in January (along with Ayala signing a new deal) I would be content).

The other 5 players out of contract. Rudy and Shotton can go. Marv has done ok this season but again wont be a huge loss if he goes in summer. Would like Howson and Friend to stay. I think the latter will and hopefully former will but if he dont it wont be end of the world for me. Ayala staying is vital though imo.

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

In any event if there a Peterborough player I want then its Maddison and not Toney as i feel the former could make an instant impact. Not to mention Maddison is into last 6 months of contract.

I was a big advocate for Maddison in the summer. I agree with you, I think Maddison would have more of an impact on our team. At the moment, I feel like we are missing a spark in the team (a creator). I strongly believe he could be that spark. Of course like every transfer there is inherent risk, but I feel that he would be low risk.

• Like 1

I've still not seen Maddison play. He gets his name raised every window on this forum, he supposedly had a ridiculously low buy out clause once, if that was true why is he still in League One? I ask the same question every window but I don't know how even the most risk averse teams haven't taken a chance on him in this division, so why should we?

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I've still not seen Maddison play. He gets his name raised every window on this forum, he supposedly had a ridiculously low buy out clause once, if that was true why is he still in League One? I ask the same question every window but I don't know how even the most risk averse teams haven't taken a chance on him in this division, so why should we?

Totally agree @wilsoncgp. I am also at a loss to explain reason why but i am also not too bothered why other clubs are not going for him because given his stats for last few season and fact he has 6 months left on his contract means the financial risk attached with him could not be lower. He already has 9 goals and 6 assists from midfield this season meaning he almost averaging a goal/assist every game. And as @DanFromDownSouth said. He is exactly the type of player our team currently lacks imo.

22 hours ago, Erimus74 said:

How many Boro players are out of contract come January,?

Sorry @Erimus74. Did not see your post. I dont think any are out of contract in jan but following 6 are out of contract come the summer. 

Shotton, Ayala, Friend, Howson Johnson, Rudy.

Suggestion is Clayton could be 7th one also out of contract but we might have an option to extend his. That option lies with us and not Clayton apparently.

Ayala was identified by Mowbray and the loan signing went through at the time of his sacking, he definitely wasn't a Venus signing. Karanka was in charge when we signed him permanently but he had nothing to do with us identifying Ayala initially. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Source? Surely we can’t afford his wages.

No source, just saw something saying he’s being called back to Chelsea. Would do a job for us as wing back or winger but yes I think you’re right about £ sadly. I know we’ve been in for him a couple of times in the past.

10 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

No source, just saw something saying he’s being called back to Chelsea. Would do a job for us as wing back or winger but yes I think you’re right about £ sadly. I know we’ve been in for him a couple of times in the past.

Ahh I see. He’d be a class signing if we could pull it off but can’t see it happening given the noise coming out of the club over the last 18 months or so.