oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season

Let’s be honest, he’s gonna play, get labelled as *** while he flaps around getting up to speed, become a hero eventually.

So I noticed that he was part of a defence that conceded nearly 60 League goals last season so I watched the highlights of 2 results they've had recently they lost to Young Boys 4-3 thanks to 3 bullet headers flying into the top corners from corners and the 4th I mean it was a cutback across the goal line not much he can do.

Their most recent league match was a 3-1 defeat in December and watching the defending and flukey goals he conceded I'm not surprised he's itching to move he probably called his agent after it was such horrendous defending.

Those compilations show the shots he saves I had to see what he conceded and he has a circus in front of him judging by these highlights should just judge him when he puts a Boro kit on he's unorthodox but definitely has a span and strong wrists.

Edited by Jamie-H
  • Like 2

Everytime I talk about goal keepers who flap it and prefer to punch, we have to remember that on the continent, that's how they're coached. They've stopped the ball going in the net at least. 

People used to slag David De Gea and write him off completely when he started at United. Now hes one of the top keepers in the world. On his day, one of the best. 

Just because hes a flapper, isn't a bad thing. All of his saves go to the side of the goal and not towards the danger area. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

Anyone know if this new keeper is any good? 

We wouldn't waste money on a poor player.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Theres a highlight reel some few pages back. He's a decent shot stopper but it doesn't look like he can catch a ball unfortunately.

Catches aren't sexy, modern football is all about the punches. Probably didn't make the cut

4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Theres a highlight reel some few pages back. He's a decent shot stopper but it doesn't look like he can catch a ball unfortunately.

Catches aren't sexy, modern football is all about the punches. Probably didn't make the cut

Can he kick the ball to one of his own players?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Really? I thought Burnley had some sort of internal wage cap? Or has that increased/been thrown out the window with such long held PL status?

Yeah I was told that and there is a few decent websites who have good info on prem wages who seem to agree https://www.spotrac.com/epl/burnley-f.c/payroll/

13 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

What a world we live in when Danny Drinkwater can earn £100k a week from Chelsea.

mad isn't it. Man is earning £5m a year to not play football.

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

European goalkeepers always tend to punch, I don't know why people seem surprised by the fact that he prefers it.

Yes. Even De Gea struggled with catches when he moved to Man U, and he moved there as a top international goal keeper.  They are taught to punch or parry, not to catch. 

15 minutes ago, Brunners said:

mad isn't it. Man is earning £5m a year to not play football.

Chelsea have a habit of doing this....Winston Bogarde!

2 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

Chelsea have a habit of doing this....Winston Bogarde!

I'm sure Marko Marin was on shedloads too

• Like 1