oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

3 minutes ago, Daveymfc said:

Really? I guess he’s probably too expensive too unless it was a loan till his contract was up. 

I definitely think we should be looking at Oxford above all others mentioned. I really like him and he fits the mould exactly in what we’re essentially looking for long term. 

At least financially it’s probably easier to do a deal with Oxford. If it’s possible to do a permanent I’d be very happy with him. Only 21 and experience from the Prem and Bundesliga

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Defo will be 2 I think... though was told it's a RB and CB but could be 2 CBs and then Howson can cover RB. No more attackers. Chester on just as much as Gibbo in wages mate.

That is a shame regarding attacker as was hoping for someone on left to compliment roberts on the right.

I might be in minority but dont think we need a rb once we get a cb in. That new cb frees howson to move over. Then we have him and spence. Not sure how many RBs we need given Dijksteel back in March too.

Issue for me is not lack of right backs. Its lack of 1 cb causing us to play a rb and cm at cb.

5 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I like howson at cb

He is very adaptable. In a 3 he looks very composed but judging by Woodgates comments last night he does not trust him in a 2. It would be nice to get a cb in next week as after Birmingham we have 10 days to bed him in.

We need two fit central defenders ASAP. That would let McNair and Howson to play in mid field. Both would be better than Clayton and Saville. Clayton and Saville are too slow mentally and psychically to push the game forward.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Gilling Red said:

We need two fit central defenders ASAP. That would let McNair and Howson to play in mid field. Both would be better than Clayton and Saville. Clayton and Saville are too slow mentally and psychically to push the game forward.

Harsh on Saville, he's not a ball winner. His position is transition and supporting attack but his job is much harder without a dynamic ball winner which I am not sure we have in our squad

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

He is very adaptable. In a 3 he looks very composed but judging by Woodgates comments last night he does not trust him in a 2. It would be nice to get a cb in next week as after Birmingham we have 10 days to bed him in.

I don't think he is dominant enough as a central defender in a 2, he seems to be more covering a lot than going to actively win the ball. Handy to have for sure but certainly seems better in a deeper role than the #10 he played early in his career

Reece Oxford not in the Augsburg matchday squad at all after being involved in every matchday squad until now suggests maybe that one is moving quite quickly?

If we can get the rumoured option VVV Venlo negotiated of 2.5 million euros in the summer I think it could be smart business.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Reece Oxford not in the Augsburg matchday squad at all after being involved in every matchday squad until now suggests maybe that one is moving quite quickly?

If we can get the rumoured option VVV Venlo negotiated of 2.5 million euros in the summer I think it could be smart business.

Yeah I agree. I’d be enclined to think it’s a better deal than a very expensive deal for Gibson. 

• Like 4

If there a chance of getting Oxford in now for around £2m I would be inclined to do it. Given his age and potential I dont think we stand to lose out with that sort of fee. I can see why fans favour him over a Chester or Gibson as ideally we want to see club slowly building for future and whilst it is good to make use of loan market, if you can add some long term building blocks along the way then great.

Talking of the future i see Bola is starting for Blackpool today whilst Marcus Browne on bench for Oxford.

Interestingly just noticed both Bola & Browne only turned 22 last month. They are essentially same age as Pears and Coulson who also both turn 22 in next few months.

I know Bola and Browne not set the place on fire but I do hope we stick with them. I feel some of our fans, and I am sometimes guilty of this myself, show more patience towards youngsters that come through our academy than we do towards youngsters we signed from other clubs. It was good to see that despite Coulson been given the run around by Knockaert that our fans were accepting he still learning the game. Albeit I fear if that had been Bola last night there would not have been the same level of understanding.

Hopefully both come back better players. Given Marvin Johnson is likely to leave in summer, Coulson and Bola as the clubs two left-backs is more than fine with me.

• Like 4