oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

3 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Definitely interested... still wonder where the cash is coming from

I guess he can find some spare change down the back of the sofa, where family is concerned. 😉

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

5 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

I guess he can find some spare change down the back of the sofa, where family is concerned. 😉

We are asking players to kindly get stupid red cards so we can fine them 2 weeks wages. This goes towards the wage budget in January. Or at least that's what I can only hope is happening currently.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

We are asking players to kindly get stupid red cards so we can fine them 2 weeks wages. This goes towards the wage budget in January. Or at least that's what I can only hope is happening currently.

And there was me thinking after Saturdays game that pantomime season had started a little earlier this year.

But it makes more sense now you mention it to keep the wage bill down with suspensions.

• Haha 1

I think bringing Ben Gibson back makes sense. He is a proven performer in this league. Bringing players up from the league below is a risk and we have showed that with our summer purchases. 
We need players who can guarantee that they can perform at this level. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blanco said:

I think bringing Ben Gibson back makes sense. He is a proven performer in this league. Bringing players up from the league below is a risk and we have showed that with our summer purchases. 

Agree @Blanco. Happy to have him if sums add up for 6 months. If we can get him, plus 2 wide players n a striker i will be happy.  

Maddison seems to be one of the wide players we want Jack Clarke or someone else on loan and a striker. Someone mentioned Clarke Harris from Bristol.

Hopefully signings in Jan can be a mix of maybe 2 permanant signings n 2 loan signings. If its only loan signings in Jan it makes a huge job of rebuilding in summer a monumental one. So if we can start the long term rebuilding with 1 or 2 permanant signings in jan that be good

12 hours ago, Blanco said:

Ayala will be relieved to have some competent assistance. Come to think of it, didn't they used to play together, before we sold Ben?

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Ayala will be relieved to have some competent assistance. Come to think of it, didn't they used to play together, before we sold Ben?

They sure did AR. They were an excellent pairing at this level

• Thanks 1

I suspect we'll probably sell Ayala if a bid comes in with him being out of contract in the summer. 

Some of the fee will pay for Gibson's wages. That'll leave Gibson and Fry as the first choice CB's and I'm guessing Shotton and Friend will be getting closer to being available as back up options/ or as a third CB. 

The problem with this is when Gibson goes back to Burnley at the end of the season we'll be a centre back short. 

• Sad 1

I suspect we'll try to sell him but Ayala himself might want to wait until the end of the season before he jumps ship. He's pretty settled up here and moving anywhere further away will require more than the little notice January moves often require. Maybe Newcastle or Leeds, somewhere like that and I can see him leaving.

2 hours ago, Duvel said:

I suspect we'll probably sell Ayala if a bid comes in with him being out of contract in the summer. 

Some of the fee will pay for Gibson's wages. That'll leave Gibson and Fry as the first choice CB's and I'm guessing Shotton and Friend will be getting closer to being available as back up options/ or as a third CB. 

The problem with this is when Gibson goes back to Burnley at the end of the season we'll be a centre back short. 

This sums up the predicament we find ourselves in. Do we spend what cash the club can afford on loan players or invest in players for the medium term. I have read somewhere we might get 4 loans in. I suppose they will have to play if they are to make a difference. They then leave I. The summer along with the 7 out of contract and we are depleted again, no matter what division we are in. Slightly worrying!! 

20 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

This sums up the predicament we find ourselves in. Do we spend what cash the club can afford on loan players or invest in players for the medium term. I have read somewhere we might get 4 loans in. I suppose they will have to play if they are to make a difference. They then leave I. The summer along with the 7 out of contract and we are depleted again, no matter what division we are in. Slightly worrying!! 

Certainly is.

I've mentioned on here in the past that I think things will actually get worse than they are now before they get better. 

This squad will need completely overhauling if we are going to be self sustainable. Most of it will happen naturally as players contracts run out but we are probably looking at replacing: Randolph, Shotton, Ayala, Friend, Clayton, Howson, Johnson and Britt before the start of next season. We might also be looking at bids for players like Fry, Tav, Wing and McNair from other clubs as well (although I'm sure we won't sell all of them). 

The fun will really start when we are trying to replace some of those players with players on lower wages. It's going to extremely tough. 

2 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

It sounds like we're signing Maddison anyway and he'll be a permanent signing so that would be one none loan player.