oneBoro Forum

Introduction. 

The last time I authored a matchday thread there was a sense of optimism on the forum after a positive, attacking performance away at Luton.. 

happy jonah hill GIF

Unfortunately, since then that excitement has dissapated into a sense of frustration not seen since the days of Pulis-ball..

mr bean wtf GIF

Luckily we have a nice easy home game coming up next against.. Oh.. Fulham frustrated ryan gosling GIF

Last night, whilst we were slogging out a dour 0-0 with the terriers, Fulham were scoring things called goals in a 3-2 win over Luton. They even have a striker who can not only hit the target, but actually scored 3 times! Whats worse is that we actually almost signed Mitrovic a couple of seasons back.. 

sad how i met your mother GIF

BearNews

In response to fans frustration, Assombalonga and Fletcher take part in some extra target practice. miss GIF

Saville and McNair give their view on whether I'll be doing the next matchday thread.. no way what GIF

Tony Pulis gives his reaction after watching last night's epic encounter.. smug top gear GIF

The Big Questions

What do you think it will take to stop the rot? 

Do you genuinely think Woodgate knows what he is doing? 

Britt and Fletcher's form: lack of confidence or lack of ability? 

What is our best formation using what we have available? 

Score Prediction

I'm going for Boro 0-2 Fulham with two goals from Mitrovic. 

What do you think? 

bom dia hello GIF

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  The last time I authored a matchday thread there was a sense of optimism on the forum after a positive, attacking performance away at Luton..  Unfortunately, since then t

People are so quick to write players off these days. Sheff Utd are smashing it in the PL with a team full of league football journeymen. Vardy was in non-league a few years ago. Pukki couldn't hit a b

Hats off to sky sports, how they found 15minutes worth of highlights to put on the tele is beyond me

Posted Images

Brilliant post BearSmog! God knows we need something to cheer us up.

The Big Questions

81P09dMit0L._SX425_.jpg

Or failing that, a competent manager & coaching staff.

giphy.gif

Don't want to be too harsh on him though as he is a rookie (but he needs to start learning - fast).

Well they say form is temporary and class is permanent. They've both shown they have ability, so I'm going with lack of confidence.

10206.png

I think Chelsea's old "Park the Bus" tactics from the Mourinho days might serve us best...

Score Prediction

Tough one IMO. Fulham have shown they are fallible...but that depends on which Boro turn up. If its the same one that played against West Brom I believe we could snatch a win. However, as you said, Fulham are in good form right now so realistically I don't see Boro getting anything from this. A familiar "defend well for 80 minutes, then concede a late winner" scenario.

BORO 0 - 1 FULHAM

• Haha 4

Great OP and follow up by AR. I'm not clever enough and nor do I have a good enough net to embarrass myself by trying to follow them. 🤔

So I will just get on with it.

A miracle.

Other than that I think it would actually do us the world of good if we scored!! That just might put a bit of a spring in the heels.

I think our league position and form answers that. But I am hoping he can learn quickly.

A mix of both. Of course the more chances they miss the more the pressure increases and so on.

Against Fulham I think AnglianRed has it spot on!!

I am a little more optimistic about this one. Yes Fulham are up there but I think the penny has dropped with our lads now (not before time) and they realize they have a real fight on their hands to stay out of the drop zone.

I would like to see the same team. Maybe Brit for Fletch though there's not much to choose between them at the mo.

I am going for another goalless draw. Play it safe and try to counter. Right now any point is a good point but damn do we need a win.

• Like 3

Just a bit of luck... Honestly it has been pretty absurd with the bad refs, missed pennas, and missed sitters.. Like a curse .. But it will go away and the variance will even out. maybe even against Fulham. We might get a point (or 3) when nobody expects us to get any.

Ofc he does. He will come good. I won't judge this early .. In my eyes he is a hero, for trying his utmost best with the odds against him.. thin squad without any flair players, no playmakers and too many "workers", not creators.

A mix - out of the two i consider Fletcher to be the best finisher, but his mind is so very fragile... 
I would start R. Burrel against Fulham, to get them two expensive buys realize, that THEY must man up and believe instead of fearing not scoring...

Like the last 2 games - but with burrel as the striker .. He has 5 goals in 8 games for the U23 team!

• Like 1

I like the thread honest and funny. I can’t think of anything positive that would be taking serious, so I’m hoping by some devine intervention we manage a draw, or there is a call off for bad weather. Unfortunately I think we will drop into the bottom three sooner, rather than latter. Such is the demise of the club expectations are very low, but I believe we will manage a mid table finish. 

Edited by sanddancer

I can't see Fulham not scoring with their fire power, Mitrovic has scored as many goals as our entire team, and along  with Caveliro, Knockaert and Cairney, and a few others I could name, me thinks we're in a bit of bother.  So I'll go for a comfortable 3-0  Fulham win and pray I've got it totally wrong 

This has all he hallmarks of being an away win but sometimes surprising things happen and this could be the day a "shock result" happens.

One point at this time could be seen as a good point but I know we are better than that so going to go for a Boro win!

Goal coming from someone in midfield!

• Like 1

Think Fulham will come here and completely outplay us and comfortably win at least 3-0. They will have absolutely nothing to fear and will have a field day against our crap defensive shape. There is a good possibility that we will end the weekend in the dropzone.

As for Woodgate I don't think he has a clue about what to do about our situation. He had a vision before the season started and said the right things but that was quickly discarded and now we are just looking like a rudderless ship sailing into a typhoon. Our squad on paper is much better than 4th from bottom and lowest scorers in the league.

Quite honestly I would be happy with a point, over the moon if we win and not overly disappointed if we lose (but play well).

Just for giggles I put together a possible team & formation, with the idea of trying to nullify Fulham's firepower, while still giving us some attacking options (if the spacing looks odd, its because thats how the site assigns certain field positions):

Middlesbrough-formation-tactics.png

Edited by AnglianRed
12 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Quite honestly I would be happy with a point, over the moon if we win and not overly disappointed if we lose (but play well).

Just for giggles I put together a possible team & formation, with the idea of trying to nullify Fulham's firepower, while still giving us some attacking options (if the spacing looks odd, its because thats how the site assigns certain field positions):

Middlesbrough-formation-tactics.png

Merry Christmas!  The old Christmass tree formation 😉

• Like 1