• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  The last time I authored a matchday thread there was a sense of optimism on the forum after a positive, attacking performance away at Luton..  Unfortunately, since then t

People are so quick to write players off these days. Sheff Utd are smashing it in the PL with a team full of league football journeymen. Vardy was in non-league a few years ago. Pukki couldn't hit a b

Hats off to sky sports, how they found 15minutes worth of highlights to put on the tele is beyond me

Posted Images

One positive is that was Wings best game all season. Got crowded out a little bit in the 2nd half somehow, not sure if they just decided to get tighter on him because he is basically the only person who could pass a ball more than 5 yards, but basically every chance we had Lewis Wing was involved at some point.

Oh, and McNair was good again.

Other than that; meh.

Before we met WBA, Huddersfield and Fulham .. Every goddamn one of you  here would be satisfied with only conseding one goal and getting 2 draws .. 

No hammering for us this time .. and we won't get any .. 

Bring on Romain Burrel .. he will score .. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

"Dominated".

The only shot on target was in injury time and straight at the keeper.

They looked more likely to win.

I'm just saying it's not really Woody's fault when his team of player's cant score no matter who the chance falls too they all miss 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, northern boro said:

One of the fans near the EG has just shouted bring back Tony Pulis!!

Well, as I said in another post, when you're in a situation like Boro, you need an experienced manager to pull the squad together, organise them and motivate them. Not to mention figure out effective tactics with limited resources.

I think it was cruel...not to mention pretty stupid...to appoint a rookie in these circumstances.

• Like 1
Just now, SmogDane said:

Before we met WBA, Huddersfield and Fulham .. Every goddamn one of you  here would be satisfied with only conseding one goal and getting 2 draws .. 

No hammering for us this time .. and we won't get any .. 

Bring on Romain Burrel .. he will score .. 

But we should have gotten 9 points very easily if we had a match winner the anger is this wasn't sorted in the transfer window as it was clear we can't score and why did the club sell Bamford as he'd of scored that Assombalonga chance

This really is a depressing situation now and to be honest I fail to see where things will get better, can we rely on George turning games around when he is back, can we rely on Gestede getting his act together?

And the worst part is that hope is drifting away bit by bit because nothing seems to get better.

This winless run and lack of goals is crippling the club

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I'm just saying it's not really Woody's fault when his team of player's cant score no matter who the chance falls too they all miss 

The team playing poorly means the team has played poorly.

It doesn't matter whether the blame is on the strikers or the manager.

1 win in 10.

0 wins in 7.

Regardless of any situation, that's just simply not good enough. From Woodgate, the players, the club. Anyone. Right now it feels like we're going to "do a Sunderland." Something's got to change. 

Just now, Downsouth said:

Bottom of the table looks frightening and we only have ourselves to blame.

If there is going to be a change then do it now before it is too late

Who would Gibson give the job to next? Dael Fry as player manager?  

8 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Woody cannot put it on target for them.. He is telling them to drive the Ball and shoot and cross.. 

This is on the players alone...! 

I think the coaching staff have to take some of the blame. What the heck are they doing during training sessions? Playing cards...PES...or just larking around?

These players don't look like they've done any training at all this season.

I know Pep Guardiola said only today that he can't control what his players do on the pitch...but he did say he just gives them the tools to win games. Our players look like they left their tool bags in the dressing room.