• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  The last time I authored a matchday thread there was a sense of optimism on the forum after a positive, attacking performance away at Luton..  Unfortunately, since then t

People are so quick to write players off these days. Sheff Utd are smashing it in the PL with a team full of league football journeymen. Vardy was in non-league a few years ago. Pukki couldn't hit a b

Hats off to sky sports, how they found 15minutes worth of highlights to put on the tele is beyond me

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

"Dominated".

The only shot on target was in injury time and straight at the keeper.

They looked more likely to win.

They really, really, really didn't. To look likely to win, you have to get players in the half of the pitch to actually score goals.

Today was reminiscent of playing a lower end team at the Riverside under Karanka. Ball passed side to side to try and find space for 70 minutes when they had 10 men. We were the better team before that too, if not through creating great chances. We didn't do that throughout but as with Karanka in those games, it's made incredibly difficult when you don't have anyone moving and don't have anyone who can pick the unthinkable pass and an absolute barrage of players in front of you so intent on keeping a defensive shape and nothing else.

I think that was Britt's worst game for us this season and on the flip side, a thoroughly controlled performance from us via everyone else. Again, just like under Karanka, one goal changes the entire context of the game. Think of the Hull game with Nugent's header. Imagine Nugent heads that straight at the keeper and the whistle blows for full time. It paints an entirely different picture of the game.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Oslo_Syd said:

Time to eat humble pie and give Aitor a bell.

Thats assuming he would answer the call. Don't think he would myself, but I wouldn't be sorry to see him back.

Anybody know what Mendieta's doing these days? He still lives in the area, right?

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

They really, really, really didn't. To look likely to win, you have to get players in the half of the pitch to actually score goals.

Today was reminiscent of playing a lower end team at the Riverside under Karanka. Ball passed side to side to try and find space for 70 minutes when they had 10 men. We were the better team before that too, if not through creating great chances. We didn't do that throughout but as with Karanka in those games, it's made incredibly difficult when you don't have anyone moving and don't have anyone who can pick the unthinkable pass and an absolute barrage of players in front of you so intent on keeping a defensive shape and nothing else.

I think that was Britt's worst game for us this season and on the flip side, a thoroughly controlled performance from us via everyone else. Again, just like under Karanka, one goal changes the entire context of the game. Think of the Hull game with Nugent's header. Imagine Nugent heads that straight at the keeper and the whistle blows for full time. It paints an entirely different picture of the game.

Good post but possibly indicates that Woodgate wants to ensure we do not lose!

This has been part and parcel of Boro for so long now and fails very often and does nothing to win games.

@BearSmog you will not have to wait too long before your next m/d thread is needed with the way things are going

13 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Before we met WBA, Huddersfield and Fulham .. Every goddamn one of you  here would be satisfied with only conseding one goal and getting 2 draws .. 

No hammering for us this time .. and we won't get any .. 

Bring on Romain Burrel .. he will score .. 

Take the meds mate and chill for the night

4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Thats assuming he would answer the call. Don't think he would myself, but wouldn't be too sorry to see him back.

Anybody know what Mendieta's doing these days? He still lives in the area, right?

Apparently Karanka and SG are still on good terms, but I wouldn't hold my breath either.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

We're they booed off? 

I doubt it and from what Jeff Stelling was saying there were waves of empty seats.

I believe most fans go now to games and expect what Boro dish up