oneBoro Forum

7 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Hitting the post from a free kick isn't creating a chance unfortunately.

I wouldn't just blame our strikers as we are too slow at creating from midfield and the wild areas.

By the time we get the ball into the final 3rd, the opposition have time to get men behind the ball and we simply go back.

Our attacking play is absolutely woeful and I put a lot of that blame on the coaching team. Obviously the players aren’t the most talented but everything about us looks completely random. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction.  The last time I authored a matchday thread there was a sense of optimism on the forum after a positive, attacking performance away at Luton..  Unfortunately, since then t

People are so quick to write players off these days. Sheff Utd are smashing it in the PL with a team full of league football journeymen. Vardy was in non-league a few years ago. Pukki couldn't hit a b

Hats off to sky sports, how they found 15minutes worth of highlights to put on the tele is beyond me

Posted Images

I’ve never seen us move the ball so painfully slow, slow yes but today was a different level. It’s not always the passing players fault as the movement from the forwards is shocking aswell. Our full backs and McNair were our best attacking players today which tells you everything.

12 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Our attacking play is absolutely woeful and I put a lot of that blame on the coaching team. Obviously the players aren’t the most talented but everything about us looks completely random. 

We need to stop agreeing with each other posts of late mate.

No, you are completely right. I haven't seen anything different with our movement etc since Keane came in.

I don't really understand the need for players to drive at defenders when they're all sat back in a protective shape. You're just running the ball into them. There's no space to run into when a team plays with that many men behind the ball. The problem was we couldn't stretch them or create enough gaps for players to pick up. The movement as a group wasn't great but when it was better, it had to coincide with them leaving a gap and they were very conscious to avoid that most the time. Finding space at all was hugely difficult and they only played so tightly in that shape because of losing a man.

Which leads me to people trying to belittle how hard it can be to play against 10 men, it's not the playing against 10 men specifically that is hard. It's that some teams, like Fulham today, go to 10 men and then shut up shop for the rest of the game. I didn't expect them to do that as they're a better team than that. It was utterly miraculous that they had any chances in the end though but they only came as we became so lax of our shape (as we didn't really need one), we were playing 3 at the back but half the time, the two on either side of Ayala were playing as full backs. When Coulson went off and Johnson switched to the right, it was a mix of Browne and Fry covering the left back spot. We were practically playing 1-4-5 at some points. Though maybe 1-4-4 was more fitting given how anonymous and detrimental Britt was today.

Christ that was a hard watch wasnt it. 

I can't believe people are trying to argue drawing 0-0 with a 10 man team is somehow a good result. Has the ambition dropped so low that 0-0s are acceptable?

Bottom 3 for the first time in 9 years in the championship, one of the worst starts to the season I can think of, and still it can get worse and worse. Painful absolutely painful and tragic. It's like watching a car crash in slow motion. 

I understand the argument that it's not purely Woodgates fault, but this cannot be allowed to continue, he needs to be dismissed and give s new manager the opportunity. 

Absolutely horrific game and a total waste of a Saturday afternoon.

• Like 1

We’re right back to the point just prior to Karanka taking the reigns. Abysmal performances, underperforming overpaid players and a manager who looks like he can’t turn it around while the fan base gets even more fractured and soon crowds will dramatically drop. 

• Like 1

We always seem to play like we're defending a lead, even when the opposition is winning. Frustrating to say the least. We need some pace to drive past opposition defenders - what I'd give for Adama!

Well that was fun🙄  6 months since i came on here or had a 2nd thought about football.   Think i will just sod back off, that was dire.  Well done to anyone who can take  a positive from that.  Liked the Heineken bar though!!

I think that, looking ahead, what is going to change? Scoring goals has been a problem for us for several seasons now and it's pretty much a given that if you don't score then relegation is a certainty. What can Woodgate do to change things? He seems to be stuck on a course where he believes that if we keep doing what we're doing then eventually we'll get it right. 

Something big has to change soon or by Christmas we may well be several points adrift of safety as those teams just above us seem to be able to get the odd win here and there which we just don't look like doing. 

Come the January transfer window I'd be more concerned about who we might lose rather than who we might get in. We might be at the stage where Gibson starts to offload in prep for League 1. He seemed to do the same when we were adrift in the PL with Karanka.